WWE PPV WRESTLING RESULTS
June 23, 2002 - Columbus, Ohio - Nationwide Arena .
King of the Ring 2002 Image Gallery
- SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT: Jonathan Coachman & DLo Brown..
- PARKING LOT: Jamie Noble & Nidia.
- Jamie Noble & Nidia arrive at the arena in a beatup truck..
- Jamie tells Nidia that after tonight they'll be riding in style..
- RECAP: Hurricane/Noble fued..
- INTERVIEW: Terri & Ric Flair..
- Flair says that he has gone on record saying he has ONE GREAT RUN left..
- Flair says he's gotta prove to all the fans that he is still the nature boy..
- REPLAY: Rock's speech on RAW.
- INTERVIEW: Jerry Lawler interviews Molly Holly..
- Molly says she will restore dignity to the WWE Womans title..
- Lawler asks Molly about the Divas ligerie special on Tuesday..
- Molly says that she turned down the offer to compete..
- Lawler says something that implied Molly had a big butt..
- Molly storms off..
- RECAP: Hogan/Angle fued..
- REPORT: Chris Jericho at the NHL awards in Toronto..
- OUTSIDE: The Rock arrives to the arena..
- MATCH: The Hardy Boyz def Raven & Steven Richards..
- Raven walks out on Richards...
- KING OF THE RING SEMI-FINAL MATCH: Chris Jericho vs Rob Van Dam.
- Midway through the match, RVD tried a Five-Star Frog Splash..
- Y2J shoved the ref into the ropes to knock RVD down.
- Y2J removed the cover off one of the turnbuckles.
- The ref had to replace the padding, missing RVD's pin attempt!
- Jericho managed to put the Walls of Jericho on Van Dam
- RVD grabbed the bottom rope to break the hold.
- Y2J tried to set up a superplex, but was thrown to the mat.
- That allowed RVD to hit his Frog Splash for the win!
- Rob Van Dam advances to the King of the Ring Tournament Final!
- INTERVIEW: Jerry Lawler & Rob Van Dam.
- Van Dam said he wasn't afraid of facing Test or Brock Lesnar in the final.
- While he was talking, Jericho attacked him and locked on the Walls of Jericho.
- Y2J refused to let go!
- LOCKER ROOM: Paul Heyman & Brock Lesnar.
- Heyman tried to psych up Brock Lesnar for his match with Test.
- Heyman told Brock that he is the Next Big Thing..
- Heyman says that he will be the next King of the Ring!
- KING OF THE RING SEMI-FINAL MATCH: Test vs Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman.
- Test struck down Brock with several stiff clotheslines
- Test continued to take it to Brock.
- Lesnar countered by ramming his shoulder into Test's gut in the corner.
- Lesnar slammed Test with a powerful suplex and followed with a back breaker.
- Test bounced Brock off the ropes, but only received a powerslam for the effort.
- Test whacked Lesnar with a Big Boot to Brock's jaw.
- Lensar managed to get his shoulder up at the last instance!
- Paul Heyman stepped onto the ring apron and took a swing at Test.
- That allowed Brock to sneak up and hit the F5 on Test!
- Lesnar covered up his opponent and got the three-count!
- Brock Lesnar advances to the King of the Ring Final against RVD!
- INTERVIEW: The Coach & Bubba Ray Dudley.
- Coach looked to get predictions from superstars on their picks to win the finals.
- Bubba said it was great that two superstars from RAW were in the finals.
- Bubba felt that Brock Lesnar had too much power for Van Dam.
- INTERVIEW: Mark Loyd & Christian / Lance Storm.
- Storm & Christian said that WWE is prejudiced against Canadians.
- Christian said that the entire world hates America.
- Lance said they need to carry the flag of civility, tolerance and peace.
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE: The Hurricane vs Jamie Noble w/Nidia.
- Nidia comes out wearing the Hurricane's green cape..
- The Hurricane got into trouble when he started chasing after Nidia.
- Noble cut down the champion with a clothesline outside the ring.
- Noble continued to hold control, locking The Hurricane in an abdominal stretch.
- Hurricane tried to retrieve his cape, but Nidia jerked it away.
- Hurricane responded with a crossbody onto Noble outside of the ring.
- Noble attempted to superplex THe Hurricane onto the the outside of the ring
- Hurricane instead dropped a huge neckbreaker from the top rope!
- Nidia tried to step in and help out, but she got blindsided accidentally by Noble.
- Hurricane chokeslammed the challenger, but Noble managed to kick out.
- Noble slapped Hurriane with a powerbomb and rolled up the champ.
- The Hurricane appeared safe after getting his foot on the rope..
- Nidia shoved it off and Noble got the pin to become the new CW Champion!
- INTERVIEW: Terri & Eddie Guerrero..
- Terri asks Eddie Guerrero about Ric Flair.
- Eddie said he first said hi to some family members, listing a few dozen names..
- Eddie said that he's in the best shape of his life.
- Eddie said that Flair can't do half the moves that Latino Heat can.
- MATCH: Eddie Guerrero vs Ric Flair.
- Guerrero mimicked Flair's strut early on..
- Flair picked Guerrero up into the air and held him for several moments.
- Flair then suplexed him to the mat!.
- A while later, Guerrero locked Flair into the figure four!
- Guerrero missed a Frog Splash on the nature boy!
- Flair then locked a figure four of his own onto Guerrero..
- Chris Benoit made his way to ringside and watched the action intently. .
- Guerrero tossed Flair from the ring and distracted the ref.
- This allowed Benoit to attack. .
- Benoit put the Crippler Crossface on Flair, who screamed in pain. .
- The ref saw this and went out to order Benoit back to the locker room. .
- Bubba Ray Dudley stormed into the ring and nailed Guerrero with a Bubba Bomb!.
- When the ref returned, Bubba had exited but Flair had draped himself over Guerrero.
- Ric Flair gets the three count!
- WWE WOMENS TITLE: Trish Stratus vs Molly Holly..
- A few minutes into the match, Molly climbed the top turnbuckle.
- Trish caught her flipping her back into the ring with a modified hurracanrana.
- Trish went for the Stratusfaction, but Molly pushed her off.
- Molly countered with a belly to belly suplex. .
- Molly jerked on Trish's tights to gain enough leverage for a 3count!.
- Molly Holly becomes the new WWE Women's Champion!
- INTERVIEW: Mark Loyd & Kurt Angle.
- Kurt asked what Hulk Hogan ever did to become an American hero.
- Hogan was an American Hero because Vince told him he was going to be one.
- Kurt said he was going to make Hogan tap like Mr. Bojangles on speed.
- MATCH: Hulk Hogan vs Kurt Angle.
- Early on, Hulkster smashed Angle's face into the ring barrier.
- Angle managed to storm back, dropping the Hulkster with a belly to back suplex. .
- He followed that with an Angle Slam, but miraculously, Hogan kicked out after two!.
- Angle whined to the referee while Hogan Hulked up. .
- He bounced Angle off the ropes and hit a boot to the face! .
- Hogan then took Angle's wig off to reveal his smooth, bald cranium. .
- Embarrassed, Angle turned and walked up the entranceway to grab a steel chair..
- Angle went to nail Hogan, but the Hulkster ducked.
- The chair bounced off the ropes and into Angle's face! .
- But Hogan found himself in the ankle lock soon after. .
- The pain was visible on Hogan's face, but he sucked it up. .
- He tried to reverse several times, but Angle kept applying the pressure.
- Finally, Hogan tapped out! .
- Angle strapped his wig back on and celebrated in the center of the ring.
- BACKSTAGE: Goldust & Booker T.
- Goldust attempted his best impressions of The Rock to Booker T...
- Suddenly the Rock came in and showed Goldust how it was really done..
- The Rock said that there was no way Goldust could ever be him. .
- Booker said The Rock didn't have to worry about Goldust.
- Instead, he should be concerned with the five-time WCW Champion; Booker T!
- Booker said the two never saw eye to anything.
- But Booker was down with what The Rock said last week on RAW. .
- The Rock said he was there for one reason; to watch the WWE Title match..
- The Rock needed to stop several times, as Goldust kept trying his impressions.
- KING OF THE RING FINALS: Brock Lesnar vs Rob Van Dam.
- Lesnar began by overpowering RVD and bossing him around the ring. .
- RVD struck back with a couple of kicks followed by Rolling Thunder..
- RVD tried for his Five-Star Frog Splash and nailed it!
- But Heyman whiplashed RVD on the top rope. .
- RVD tried a springboard lateral press.
- Brock caught him in midair and whirled off the F5! .
- Brock Lesnar pinned Van Dam to become the 2002 King of the Ring!
- BACKSTAGE: Triple H & The nWo.
- Triple H met the nWo backstage on his way to the ring. .
- The Game embraced his old friends Kevin Nash, X-Pac and Shawn Michaels. .
- Nash told Triple H that if he needed them tonight, they'd be there for him..
- MAIN EVENT: Triple H vs The Undertaker.
- HHH started off by knocking Taker down with a series of shots to the head. .
- Taker thrust Triple H into the corner and delivered several punches to his abdomen. .
- Taker smashed Triple H with a guillotine leg drop off the ring apron. .
- Triple H fought back with a suplex to the hard floor outside the ring. .
- But a leg drop onto Triple H's throat back in the squared circle ended that rally..
- HHH hit a spinebuster that knocked Taker senseless. .
- A high knee that connected with Taker's chin earned The Game a two-count. .
- Referee Earl Hebner got trapped in the corner and was smashed by both men. .
- Suddenly, The Rock came down to the announce table...
- Rock sends Paul Heyman - who had been doing some commentary - scurrying.
- With the referee still down, the Undertaker went and grabbed a steel chair. .
- He didn't get to use it initially, as Triple H knocked it from his hands. .
- Outside the ring, Taker nailed The Rock with a cheap shot!
- The Rock swong a chair at Taker, but wound up hitting Triple H by accident!
- Back in the ring, Taker decked a bloody Triple H with the Last Ride. .
- A second referee dashed into the ring to officiate the action. .
- But after counting to two on the pin attempt, Triple H kicked out!
- The ref was thrown from the ring by Taker!
- Suddenly, The Rock dashed in and Rock Bottomed Taker before making his exit..
- Three battered men lay in the ring.
- Slowly, Triple H collected himself and draped his arm over Taker.
- Hebner came to his senses and began to count, but Taker awoke after a two-count..
- The Game scored a Pedigree to again put Taker sprawled on the mat.
- The ref couldn't count right away as he was still dealing with his own pain.
- Triple H attempted to help him, but Taker caught him with a low blow.
- Taker rolled up The Game and got the pinfall to retain his title!
- POST MATCH: Undertaker, Rock & Triple H.
- Rock stormed back to the ring and delivered a People's Elbow to the Undertaker!
- Rock then consoled HHH, who grabbed Rock and struck him with a Pedigree!
- Taker managed to collect himself and chokeslammed The Game!
- Dead Man Inc. celebrated by holding the WWE Championship high over his head..
- King of the Ring Brackets: (View Staff Predictions)
vs -Rob Van Dam
-Rob Van Dam
vs -Rob Van Dam
vs -Rob Van Dam
vs -Val Venis
vs -Chris Jericho
vs -Chris Jericho
vs -Brock Lesnar!
-Test 2002 KotR
vs -Hardcore Holly
vs -Brock Lesnar
vs -Booker T
vs -Brock Lesnar
vs -Brock Lesnar
Go Back To WWE History