TNA WRESTLING RESULTS
NWA: Total Nonstop Action PPV
July 14, 2004 - Nashville, Tennessee - Aired Live
Announcers: Mike Tenay & Don West..
Go Back To TNA History
- BACKSTAGE: Big Vito & Trinity & Glen Gilbertti & Johnny Swinger..
- Big Vito yelled at Glen Gilbertty & Johnny Swinger while Trinity watched on..
- Big Vito expressed his displeasure with the way things were going for the NYC in TNA..
- Glen Gilbertti tried to blame everything on David Young, but Vito would have none of it..
- David Young showed up and claimed he had nothing to do with it..
- NON (X) TITLE MATCH: Michael Shane w/Tracy def AJ Styles..
- AJ Styles will be facing both Michael Shane and Kazarian tonight in two seperate matches..
- If both Michael Shane and Kazarian win, then they will get a title shot at a later date..
- If AJ Styles wins, then Michael Shane & Kazarian have to leave the X-Division..
- AJ Styles did a flip out of the ring onto Michael Shane and looked to have injured his knee..
- TNA officials and medical staff quickly rushed to ringside to check on AJ Styles..
- Vince Russo & Jerry Lynn came out as well to check on AJ Styles..
- AJ Styles was helped to the back, leaving Michael Shane in the ring by himself..
- BACKSTAGE: Big Vito & Pat Kenney..
- Big Vito & The NYC found Pat Kenney and attacked him and left him unconcious on the floor..
- IN THE RING: David Young + Glen Gilbertti & Johnny Swinger + Shark Boy & D-Ray3000..
- David Young got in the face of the referee, challenging him to a match..
- Glen Gilberti and Johnny Swinger came out, and chased the referee under the ring..
- The referee resurfaced with a broom and swung wildly at Young, Gilbertti & Swinger..
- Shark Boy & D-Ray 3000 hit the ring to run off The NYC and David Young..
- TAG MATCH: Abyss & "Baby Bear" Alex Shelly def Sabu & Sonjay Dutt..
- Midway through the match, the lights went out in the Asylum and Raven's voice came over the speaker!
- A light was shone down on a figurine dressed as a Sheik..
- Raven went on to say that The Sheik is dead!
- The lights came back on and Abyss hit Sabu with the drop-down Torture Rack slam and then through a table!
- INTERVIEW: Scott Hudson & Dusty Rhodes..
- Dusty Rhodes said that Jeff Hardy would be at the Asylum next Wednesday night!
- Dusty Rhodes wouldn’t say what was in Jeff Hardy’s contract, which has yet to be signed..
- 8-MAN TAG: Primetime & Chris Daniels & Red & Chris Sabin beat Petey Williams & Bobby Rude & Eric Young & Johnny Devine..
- Classic X-Division action filled this match from beginning to end..
- Scott D’Amore eventually became involved in the match, knocking Red off the top rope!
- Elix Skipper pinned Johny Devine, just as Bobby Rude was preparing to cover Red..
- INTERVIEW: Scott Hudson & Jeff Jarrett + Monty Brown..
- Jeff Jarrett said that he and Ken Shamrock will co-exist later on in the 10-Man Tag Team match...
- Jeff Jarrett said he was upset with Dusty Rhodes for rolling out the red carpet for Jeff Hardy..
- Monty Brown showed up and confronted Jeff Jarrett about the title shot he thinks he deserves..
- 10-MAN TAG TEAM GUITAR ON A POLL MATCH: The Babyface Team def The Heel Team..
- The Babyface Team = Ron Killings & BG James & Konnan & Dusty Rhodes & Larry Zbyszko..
- The Heel Team = Jeff Jarrett & Ken Shamrock & Onyx & Chad Collyer & Hotstuff Hernandez..
- Ron Killings fought with Ken Shamrock all over the arena for most of the match..
- Ken Shamrock later locked Dusty Rhodes into his anklelock submission in the ring!
- Jeff Jarrett climbed the pole and grabbed the guitar, and went straight after Dusty Rhodes..
- Dusty Rhodes snatched the guitar away from Jarrett and whacked Onyx with it!
- Dusty Rhodes then dropped the elbow on Onyx and pinned him to give his team the victory!
- Jeff Jarrett walked up the ramp but was met by Monty Brown, and they were joined by Ken Shamrock on stage..
- All three of them exchanged words and stared at eachother..
- INTERVIEW: Scott Hudson & Michael Shane & Kazarian & Tracy..
- Michael Shane suggested Style’s injury was not legit and that he wouldn’t put it past him to fake an injury..
- NON (X) TITLE MATCH: Frankie Kazarian def AJ Styles
- Jerry Lynn came out to take AJ Styles' place in the match, but Kazarian refused to wrestle him..
- Kazarian then went on to award himself the victory by def ault..
- AJ Styles then came out with his knee bandaged and convinced Jerry Lynn to let him compete..
- During the match, Michael Shane & Tracy made their way to ringside to cause a distraction..
- Tracy was interfering as well, and got nailed with the Styles Clash by AJ Styles!
- Kazarian eventually rolled up Styles' for the victory and to win a shot at the X Division Title!
- INTEVIEW: Scott Hudson & America's Most Wanted + XXX..
- James Storm said that they would go on to become 5-time World Tag Team Champions next week..
- XXX (Chris Daniels & Elix Skipper) came in and told AMW that when they win the titles, they wanted the first shot..
- DOUBLE LADDER MATCH: America's Most Wanted def The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas)..
- AMW's ring gear, which The Naturals stole several week ago, were suspended from the ceiling..
- Ladder, tables AND chairs were all brought into the match to use as weapons..
- Both XXX and The Elite Guard were looking on to see what the outcome of the match would be..
- James Storm managed to pull down their ring attire from the ceiling, thus giving them the win!
- Chris Harris then announced that their match would take place inside of a 6-sided Steel Cage!
- END OF SHOW....