TNA WRESTLING RESULTS
NWA: Total Nonstop Action PPV
August 27, 2003 - Nashville, Tennessee - Aired Live
Announcers: Mike Tenay & Don West..
Go Back To TNA History
- 6-MAN TAG: 3 Live Krew vs Shane Douglas/Sinn/Slash w/James Mitchell went to a NO CONTEST..
- Father James Mitchell joined the announce team and threatened to cut Raven's hair..
- James Mitchell entered the ring to distract Killings, but C.M. Punk and Julio Deniro hit the ring to make the save..
- The bell rang and the match was thrown out..
- INTERVIEW: Terry Taylor & Sonny Siaki..
- Terry Taylor is filling in for Scott Hudson as backstage interviewer this week!
- Sonny Siaki said he is burying DLo Brown's career as a hearse backed into the parking area..
- MATCH: Sonny Siaki w/Trinity def DLo Brown..
- Late in the match, Trinity dove into the ring with a spike DDT, then bailed out..
- Sonny Siaki then got up and gave DLo Brown a piledriver for a three count..
- PARKING LOT: Sonny Siaki & DLo Brown + Jeff Jarrett..
- Sonny Siaki continued to beat up DLo Brown in the parking lot..
- Jeff Jarrett then attacked Sonny Siaki and threw him into the back of the hearse..
- RINGSIDE: Mike Tenay & Don West + Don Callis..
- Don Callis came out and complained about Erik Watts granting Jerry Lynn an X Title match..
- Mike Tenay def ended Jerry Lynn, pointing out how much he has accomplished in the X division..
- Don Callis said Jerry Lynn is out of control and shouldn't be rewarded..
- Don West asked Don Callis what his obsession is with Jerry Lynn..
- Don Callis said his obsession is not with Jerry Lynn, it's with people following the rules..
- INTERVIEW: Terry Taylor & Michael Shane..
- Michael Shane asked Terry Taylor who he was and what his credentials are..
- Michael Shane said "I am the Showstopper, the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels..... cousin!"
- X-TITLE MATCH: Michael Shane beat Jerry Lynn to retain..
- Don Callis joined the announcers for this match..
- Late in the match, Jerry Lynn was setting up the cradle piledriver finisher..
- Red-shirted security ran out and distracted Jerry Lynn, who kicked them off the apron..
- Michael Shane capitolized and superkicked Jerry Lynn and picked up the 1-2-3..
- Don Callis stood on the ramp with a satisfied grin on his face..
- SITDOWN INTERVIEW: Mike Tenay & Raven + AJ Styles & Vince Russo..
- Raven said he considers it his destiny to become the NWA World Champion..
- Raven managed to insert brilliant references to the Tommy Rich vs Buzz Sawyer fued in the 80s..
- Raven also talked about his blood feuds in ECW with Tommy Dreamer and Sandman..
- Raven said Shane Douglas & James Mitchell have set out to prevent him from achieving his destiny..
- AJ Styles & Vince Russo interrupted as Raven was closing with his catch phrase..
- AJ Styles got in Raven's face and Raven shoved him down to the floor..
- Vince Russo pulled AJ Styles away as Raven smiled..
- MATCH: Abyss def Sandman..
- Midway through the match, Kid Kash entered the ring and yelled at Abyss!
- Abyss got upset and was going to powerbomb him, but Kid Kash reversed it sending Abyss over the top rope!
- Abyss landed on a table, which didn't break..
- Kid Kash was escorted to the back by an NWA official..
- Abyss then nailed Sandman with the Black Hole finisher for the quick win!
- INTERVIEW: Terry Taylor & Kid Kash + Abyss..
- Terry Taylor asked why Kid Kash was sticking his nose in Abyss' match..
- Abyss then bumped into Kid Kash from behind..
- Terry Taylor told Abyss to be a man and stand up to Kid Kash..
- Kid Kash slapped Terry Taylor!
- Terry Taylor went after Kash, but Abyss actually stepped in Taylor's path to protect Kash..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger w/Glen Gilbertti def America's Most Wanted to win the titles!
- Midway through the match, they did a 4-person superplex/powerbomb, that just had to be seen to be believed!
- Glen Gilberti then came to ringside to distract the referee..
- Simon Diamond tried to use the belt on Harris, who kicked it back into Diamond's face!
- The referee began to count, but Glen Gilbertti pulled him out of the ring by the leg!
- Referee Rudy Charles returned the belt to the announce table for safe keeping..
- Chris Harris leaned over to grab Glen Gilbertti, who whacked him with a steel chair!
- Simon Diamond then rolled up Chris Harris and scored the pin to win the tag team titles!!
- Editor's Note: James Storm was knocked silly during the 4-person superplex/powerbomb stunt..
- BULLROPE MATCH: Glen Gilbertti def Dusty Rhodes..
- Late in the match, Christopher Daniels came out and attacked Dusty Rhodes from behind..
- Dusty Rhodes fell to the mat and Glen Gilbertti then draped his arm over Dusty for the pin!
- Chris Daniels & Glen Gilberti double-teamed Dusty Rhodes until Chris Harris made the save..
- Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger also ran out and beat on Chris Harris..
- Jeff Jarrett then made the save, taking down all four heels single-handedly (way to go boss!)..
- Jeff Jarrett smashed a guitar over Christopher Daniels' head!
- SITDOWN INTERVIEW: Mike Tenay & Mad Mikey..
- Mike Tenay asked Mad Mikey if he was born with his temper tantrum..
- Mad Mikey said in his childhood he was hit every time he was bad, and said the "Mikey" commercials frustratd him..
- Mike Tenay asked if he considered counselling..
- Mad Mikey said his counselor was on the couch himself by the second session..
- Mad Mikey said he was trained by Mae Young..
- Mad Mikey said he would prove himself to the fans by winning a title belt..
- Mad Mikey then took a temper tantrum on the floor, kicking and hitting the ground..
- INTERVIW: Terry Taylor & 3-Live Krew (Konnan, Ron Killings, BG James)..
- Terry Taylor asked the trio "Are you high, or what?" - BG James said "Oh, you didn't know?"
- Johnny Swinger, Simon Diamond & Glen Gilbertti interrupted..
- Jeff Jarrett then appeared and nailed Glen Gilbertti with another guitar out of nowhere!
- A vignette previewed the return of Roddy Piper to TNA..
- "Just when you think you know the answers, he changes the questions. He's returning... and he's pissed!"
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Mike Tenay..
- Mike Tenay then plugged next week's X Division Tournament, the "Super X Tournament"
- Juventud Guererra (Mexico) vs Nosawa (Japan)..
- Jonny Storm (Great Britain) vs Teddy Hart (Canada)..
- Jerry Lynn vs Chris Sabin as well as Michael Shane vs Frankie Kazarian..
- The winner of the International Bracket faces the winner of the U.S. Bracket..
- WORLD TITLE MATCH: AJ Styles w/Vince Russo vs Raven..
- Vince Russo attempted to interfere early, but black-shirted NWA security dragged him away..
- Both wrestlers were bleeding a few minutes into the match..
- Julio Dinero & CM Punk came down and carried Vince Russo backstage so he wouldn't interfere..
- A few minutes later, New Church disciple Sinn ran out and stopped a pin attempt by Raven..
- AJ Styles went for a flying dropkick on Raven, who moved and the kick knocked Sinn to the floor..
- Raven then hit AJ Styles with the Raven Effect DDT, but the referee went down and out..
- Raven went to check on the referee, at which point Slash entered the ring with powder..
- Raven kicked the powder into Slash's eyes and Slash mistakenly gave AJ Styles the whirley bird!!
- Raven scored an incredibly near fall that had the audience out of their seats!!!
- Raven then set up a superplex off the top rope, but Shane Douglas ran out and knocked Raven to the mat..
- Raven then fought off Shane Douglas & Slash until Shane Douglas kicked Raven between the legs!
- AJ Styles then gave Raven his Styles Clash for the pin fall to retain the World title!
- Father James Mitchell comes out to the stage and laughs at Raven's misfortune..
- Editor's Note: Mark it on your calander, Raven made it through a match without blading!!!
- POST MATCH: Chris Harris/DLo Brown + Swinger/Diamond + Chris Daniels + Shane Douglas + Erik Watts + Dusty Rhodes..
- Chris Harris walked out and said he isn't going to stand by and watch Mitchell's crew screw Raven out of the NWA title..
- Chris Harris ordered the referee Rudy Charles to restart the match or reverse the decision..
- Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger, Chris Daniels, AJ Styles & Shane Douglas then attacked all the faces..
- Jeff Jarrett ran out with a chair to clear the ring of the heels..
- Erik Watts appeared and announced a 10-man Tag Team Cage Match with War Games elements!!!!
- Erik Watts also said he'd add some Clockwork Orange elements to the Cage as well..
- Dusty Rhodes walked out and Erik Watts told him that he's going to be the special referee..
- Dusty Rhodes said next week's show would be called "Wednesday, Bloody Wednesday."
- Vince Russo complained frantically, calling Dusty "Rusty"..
- Vince Russo led his men back to the ring for another brawl as the show went off the air..
- END OF SHOW....
- After the camera's went off, the War Games match was taped to air next week along with the Super X Tournament..