WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
January 13, 2006|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- INTERNET VELOCITY TAPING:
- Nunzio & Big Vito def Danny Doring & Scott Wright (aka Scotty Charisma) in a dark match..
- Mr. Ken Kennedy harassed Tony Chimmel and forced him to wear his T-shirt..
- Jamie Noble def Scotty Too Hotty..
- The Gymini (aka The Shane Twins) def Billy Baxx & George Trosky (aka Supreme Lee Great)..
- Paul Burchill def Nick Berk..
- The Mexicools (Psychocsis & Super Crazy) def The Dicks (James & Chad)..
- IN THE RING: Batista & Theodore Long..
- Batista gave an emotional speech about being injured and having no choice but to surrender the World Title..
- Batista said he enjoyed def ending the World title against everybody from The Big Show to Eddie Guerrero..
- Batista handed the belt over, hugged Theodore Long, Michael Cole, Tazz and thanked the fans for their support..
- BACKSTAGE: Batista + well wishers..
- Batista shook hands with Road Agent Ricky Steamboat, who told Batista he knew he would be back soon..
- Batista shook hands with Bobby Lashley, Road Warrior Animal, Arn Anderson and a bunch of other crew members..
- Batista also bumped into Rey Mysterio and they hugged and Batista said Rey would make a great World Champion..
- IN THE RING: Theodore Long announced a Battle Royal to crown a brand new World Heavyweight Champion!
- BACKSTAGE: Theodore Long & Randy Orton..
- Randy Orton talked about being World Heavyweight Champion by the end of the night..
- Randy Orton asked Theodore Long to postpone his match with Chris Benoit so he can be fresh..
- Theodore Long refused to postpone the match, and told Randy Orton to get ready for his match..
- BEST OF 7 SERIES MATCH #7: Chris Benoit vs Randy Orton (sub for Booker T w/Sharmell)..
- Sharmell & Booker T (on crutches) came out and watched the match from ringside..
- The story here is that if Randy Orton wins, then Booker T will be awarded the United States title..
- Chris Benoit quickly tricked the referee into ejecting Booker T & Sharmell from the ringside area..
- After a very very long match Orlando Jordan ran down, and Randy Orton knocked him off the ring apron..
- Chris Benoit got the Crippler Crossface on Randy Orton with no referee, Booker T & Sharmell came down..
- Chris Benoit fought off Booker T and reapplied the Crippler Crossface on Randy Orton, who tapped out..
- The referee was still knocked out, Booker T whacked Chris Benoit with the United States belt!
- Randy Orton rolled over and got the 1-2-3 (Booker T grabbed the US belt and celebrated as NEW US Champ!)
- BACKSTAGE: ROddy Piper bumped into Jillian Hall and didn't know what to think of her Mole..
- PIPERS PIT: Roddy Piper + John Bradshaw Layfield & Jillian Hall + The Boogeyman..
- Roddy Piper said the first Piper's Pit was held in Philadelphia but couldn't finish his introduction..
- John Bradshaw Layfield & Jillian Hall came out and JBL said it would be a historic night tonight..
- John Bradshaw Layfield pointed out there was a shortage of talent on SD! and vowed to steal the show..
- Roddy Piper awkwardly asked Jillian Hall "Pardon me, but what is that dying on the side of your face?"
- Roddy Piper remarked that Jillian Hall's mole had more hair on it than George The Animal Steele's bum!
- Roddy Piper said that John Bradshaw Layfield wasn't his guest, and then introduces.... The Boogeyman!!
- The Boogeyman came down and JBL threw Jillian Hall at Boogeyman and jumped out the ring..
- The Boogeyman then licked the mole on Jillian Hall's face and then bit it off and ate it!!!
- BACKSTAGE: MNM (Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro w/Melina Perez) & Mark Henry..
- Melina Perez congradulated Mark Henry for taking Batista out (No mention of Sexual Harassment lawsuit)..
- Melina Perez said they have the advantage tonight in the Battle Royal because there are three of them..
- 20-MAN BATTLE ROYAL: Kurt Angle won the match to capture the vacant World Heavyweight title!!
- Participants: John Layfield, Joey Mercury, Johnny Nitro, Mark Henry, Orlando Jordan, William Regal, Paul Burchill,
- Participants: Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy, Road Warrior Animal, Paul London, Brian Kendick..
- Participants: Super Crazy, Psychosis, Nunzio, Big Vito, Simon Dean, Sylvan.... and Kurt Angle!!!!!!
- Surprise Entrant, RAW's Kurt Angle immediately eliminated John Bradshaw Layfield & Big Vito!
- Kurt Angle was a machine, eliminating several wrestlers over the course of the Battle Royal..
- Mark Henry knocked Kurt Angle under the bottom rope, and went to the floor to battle Angle..
- Mark Henry gorilla press slammed Kurt Angle front-first onto the announce table, which broke..
- Mark Henry got in the ring and went head-to-head with Bobby Lashley and threw him over the top rope!
- It came down to Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio -- with Mark Henry eventually eliminating Rey Mysterio!!!!
- Mark Henry then realized that Kurt Angle was outside the ring and had yet to be eliminated from the match..
- Kurt Angle entered the ring and battled Mark Henry for several minuted before dumping him over the top rope!
- Kurt Angle was then given the World Heavyweight title and confetti fell from the ceiling in celebration..
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History