WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
April 7, 2005|
San Diego, California
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Mark Jindrak def Frankie Kazarian -dark match-..
- Booker T def Spike Dudley..
- Akio def Sho Funaki..
- John Heidenreich def Sean Evans..
- Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas def The Basham Brothers by DQ..
- IN THE RING: JBL + Eddie Guerrero + Booker T + The Big Show + Rey Mysterio + Kurt Angle + Theodore Long..
- John Layfield comes out and complains about losing his WWE title to John Cena at Wrestlemania 21..
- Eddie Guerrero comes out to shut JBL up and says JBL will have to go through him to get a WWE title shot..
- Booker T then hit the ring next and tells JBL & Eddie to get in line because he's next in line for a title shot..
- The Big Show comes out next and said he wants to be the next in line for a WWE title shot..
- Editor's Note: Okay, JBL lost at WM21, Big Show lost at WM21, Eddie lost at WM21, Booker T was in a dark match,
how can any of these guys make the claim that they deserve to be #1 Contender to the WWE championship?
- Rey Mysterio, who actually won at WM21, came out and throws his hat in the pot, wanting a title shot..
- Kurt Angle, who also won at WM21, then came down (well at least he deserved #1 Contendership)..
- Kurt Angle points out that JBL, Eddie , and Big Show lost their matches at Wrestlemania 21 --- THANK YOU KURT..
- Kurt Angle says he wasn't even on Wrestlemania X and Rey Mysterio isn't even old enough to have a title shot..
- Kurt Angle says after Sunday he was arrested for armed robbery --- for 'stealing the show'!
- John Layfield takes a fit and says no one is on his level and demands they get out of his ring!
- Theodore Long came out (finally) to straigten things out between the six Smackdown! Superstars..
- Theodore Long says JBL was so confident that he'd beat Cena that he forgot to put a rematch clause in the contract!
- Theodore Long says if JBL, or anyone else, wants a WWE title shot, then they will have to earn it!
- Theodore Long announaces a #1 Contender Tournament starting with JBL taking on San Diego's Rey Mysterio!
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Paul London vs Billy Kidman..
- Chavo Guerrero joined Michael Cole & Tazz on commentary and claimed 25 guys ganged up on his last week..
- Paul London took a nasty bump on the floor and suffered a deep cut on his forehead!
- Referee Charles Robinson asked PauL London if he wanted to continue and London responded by tackling Kidman!
- Paul London left thick red blotches on the mat every time his head touched it..
- Paul London miraculously scored the pinfall on Kidman to retain the Cruiserweight title!
- Chavo Guerrero distracted Paul London after the match so Billy Kidman could attack him after the match..
- Chavo & Kidman joined forces to beat up London (hey weren't Chavo & Kidman enemies a few months ago?)
- BACKSTAGE: Luther Reigns & SD! Heels & Luther Reigns..
- Luther Reigns says that his prediction came right about the Big Show embarassing Smackdown! at Wrestlemania 21..
- Luther continued to make fun of The Big Show until he realized he was standing right behind him..
- The Big Show says that it was an honor to loser to Akebono at WM21 and tells Reigns to meet him in the ring!
- MATCH: The Big Show def Luther Reigns..
- IN THE RING: John Cena..
- John Cena milks the audience for a bit and says "The champ....... Is......... Here!"
- John Cena says that when he modified the United States title, wrestling traditionalists were offended..
- John Cena says to take one last look at the WWE title belt and warns that a new belt was on the way..
- John Cena says he'll def end the title against anybody (mentioning S.D. Jones, Mike Sharpe and other jobbers)..
- KURT ANGLE INVITATIONAL: Kurt Angle vs Jose ????..
- Kurt Angle says that the REAL Highlight of Wrestlemania was when he made Shawn Michaels tap out!
- Kurt Angle tells John Cena to enjoy his time as champion because he will take the title in due time..
- Kurt Angle says he will face Eddie Guerrero next week as a part of the #1 Contenders Series..
- Kurt Angle did away with this weeks jobber quickly making him tap out to the ankle lock..
- Kurt Angle put the microphone by Jose's head and reapplies the ankle lock so everyone can hear him scream!
- INTERVIEW: Steve Romero & Carlito Cool..
- Steve Romero says that Wrestlemania was a night of surpises, and one of them was seeing Carlito on Piper's Pit..
- Carlito Cool says that a man wearing a skirt and a bald guy in daisy duke's is NOT cool..
- Carlito Cool says he's going to have an interview segment called Carlito's Cabana..
- BACKSTAGE: Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio..
- Eddie Guerrero warns Rey Mysterio, saying that JBL is pretty mad after losing his title at Wrestlemania...
- Eddie Guerrero says he's going to make sure Rey Mysterio wins tonight, but Rey says he wants to do it alone..
- Eddie Guerrero says he's faced JBL before and doesn't believe Rey Mysterio came beat him by himself..
- Rey Mysterio says he truly beleives that he can beat anybody in the locker room, even Eddie Guerrero..
- VIVA LAS DIVAS BIKINI CONTEST: Hosted by Michael Cole, who kills off any excitement this segment may have generated..
- Torrie Wilson vs Miss Jackie vs Dawn Marie vs Michelle McCool vs Joy Giovanni vs Lauren Jones..
- The usual garbage -- why is this on the SD! following the biggest show of the year, what happened to momentum?!
- Torrie Wilson, Dawn Marie, and Miss Jackie came out for their scheduled bikini contest..
- Joy Giovanni, Lauren Jones, and Michelle McCool came out and said the new blood should be involved..
- Torrie Wilson was happy about it but Dawn Marie looked really upset that the 'new blood' was weaselling in..
- Michael Cole got the fans to vote, who voted for Torrie Wilson --- what a suprise.........
- #1 CONTENDERS SERIES: John Bradshaw Layfield w/Orlando Jordan vs Rey Mysterio..
- They showed Rey Mysterio's family (wife, daughter and 8 year old son) in the front row..
- Orlando Jordan kept interfering, until eventually Eddie Guerrero came down and took care of him!
- John Bradshaw Layfield kicked Eddie Guerrero onto the floor..
- Rey Mysterio hit the 619 and West Coast Pop and went for the cover..
- Eddie Guerrero came in and grabbed JBL and punched him causing the very unnecessary disqualification..
- Rey Mysterio confronted Eddie Guerrero, but The Basham Brothers attacked them, along with Orlando Jordan..
- John Cena came down and cleaned house ------- nothing made sense tonight on Smackdown!........
- BONUS DARK MATCH: John Cena & The Big Show def John Bradshaw Layfield & Orlando Jordan.
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History