WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
March 17, 2005|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Akio def Shannon Moore..
- Mark Jindrak def Spike Dudley..
- John Heidenreich def Sean Evans..
- Charlie Haas & Hardcore Holly vs Sho Funaki & Scotty Too Hotty..
- ANGLE CHALLENGE: Kurt Angle vs Marty Jannetty..
- Marty Jannetty, fresh off his "Rocker Reunion" with Shawn Michaels on RAW this past week, got a good reaction..
- After a really great back-and-forth match, Kurt Angle got the ankle lock on Marty Jannetty, who eventually tapped out..
- BACKSTAGE: GM Theodore Long + John Bradshaw Layfield..
- Theodore Long says as General Manager it is his responsibility to present the Best in Sports Entertainment..
- Theodore Long says he will not allow a wrestler to put his hands on him -- JBL suddenly interrupts..
- John Layfield says John Cena could have permanently injured GM Long, and deserves to be permanently suspended..
- Theodore Long says if John Cena lays a hand on JBL before Wrestlemania 21, he will forfeit his title shot..
- Theodore Long says if they're involved in a match together, then it's fair game from bell-to-bell..
- Theodore Long books JBL & The Basham Brothers vs Rey Mysterio & Eddie Guerrero & John Cena..
- BACKSTAGE: Eddie Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero..
- Chavo Guerrero bumps into his Uncle Eddie and asks him if he's seen Rey Mysterio around..
- Chavo Guerrero asks what happened to Eddie ? He has become a disappointment to the family..
- Chavo Guerrero says Eddie carried the weight of the WWE on his shoulders this time last year..
- Eddie Guerrero tells Chavo Guerrero not to stir things up, saying Rey isn't family, but he's 'like a brother'..
- Chavo Guerrero asks how many times Rey Mysterio beat him before Eddie chose to tag team with him..
- Chavo Guerrero asks Eddie Guerrero to stop calling himself a "Guerrero" if he's gonna act that way..
- MATCH: Booker T vs Luther Reigns..
- Sharmell Sullivan (Booker T's new bride) was shown cheering in the front row (aka Nitro Girl Storm or Paisley)..
- John Heidenreich came out before the match and joined Commentary -- but all he did was breath heavily on the mic..
- Booker T won with a Scissors Kick and celebrated with his wife, and the fans, at ringside..
- John Heidenreich stood on the announced table and read another "Poem by Heidenreich"..
- The poem finished by thanking Booker T and the whole world for encouraging him to show the "Real Heidenreich"..
- CONTRACT SIGNING: Theodore Long + Eric Bischoff + Randy Orton + The Undertaker..
- Theodore Long begins talking about Wrestlemania 21, before he was interrupted by RAW's GM Eric Bischoff..
- Eric Bischoff predicts that Shawn Michaels will beat Kurt Angle, and Randy Orton will beat The Undertaker..
- Randy Orton comes out and plays to the SD! crowd and shakes the hands of both Theodore Long & Eric Bischoff..
- The Undertaker comes out next to his usual entrance and immediately signed the contract to face Orton..
- Randy Orton picked up the contract, and then tells the Undertaker that he has nothing but respect for him..
- Randy Orton says that The Undertaker might be 12-0 at Wrestlemania now, but soon, he will be 12-1..
- Randy Orton says he is unlike the 12 other men who failed to beat the Undertaker because he is a Legend Killer..
- Randy Orton put the microphone down and slapped the Undertaker accross the face..
- The Undertaker got upset and the arena began to thunder & lightning and fill with smoke..
- Randy Orton left the ring (without signing the contract) and tried to escape but there was an explosion on stage!
- MATCH: Billy Kidman vs Paul London..
- Paul London pinned Billy Kidman (who returned from his broken orbital bone injury)..
- CONSESSION STAND: Carlito Cool..
- The regular consession guy is rushing around while his 'coworker' was sitting back reading the paper..
- It was Carlito Cool who then sold a hot dog to a kid and pocketed the money and squirted ketchup all over him!
- The kid's big brother stepped up to def end him, so Carlito Cool took a bite of the hot dog and spit it at him!
- IN RING INTERVIEW: Michael Cole & The Big Show..
- Michael Cole runs down the "Tale of the Tape" and then shows Sumo footage of Akebono in Japan..
- The Big Show says accepting a Sumo match with Akebono may be the biggest challenge he's ever faced..
- The Big Show says he realizes hat Akebono is one of the most respected athletes in Japan..
- The Big Show says at Wrestlemania, Akebono will realize he's the only person in the world he can't push around!
- BACKSTAGE: John Bradshaw Layfield & Orlando Jordan..
- Orlando Jordan gives John Bradshaw Layfield a pep talk before his six-man tag team match..
- JBL comes up with a plan, and tells Orlando Jordan to follow him, presumably to find John Cena..
- RINGSIDE: Dawn Marie & Michelle McCool..
- All through the show, the divas were celebrating St. Patrick's day posing for photos with the fans..
- Dawn Marie hunted down Michelle McCool and attacked her and they brawled at ringside until they were seperated..
- BACKSTAGE: John Bradshaw Layfield & Orlando Jordan + John Cena..
- John Layfield tries to pick a fight with John Cena, who has been banned from laying a hand on JBL..
- John Layfield tells John Cena to take the easy way out, like his mama did, and calls him a coward..
- John Cena says JBL is as stupid as he looks, because in five minutes the bell will ring and now he has motivation!
- SIX MAN TAG: John Cena & Rey Mysterio & Eddie Guerrero vs John Layfield & The Basham Brothers..
- Eddy was going for the frog splash on Doug Basham when Rey "dropped the dime" and scored the pinfall..
- After the bell rang, John Cena stalked JBL with a steel chair and wanted SO BADLY to smash it over JBL's head!
- John Cena managed to control his temper and walk away with his title shot in tact..
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History