WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
Taped: February 4, 2005|
Aired: February 10, 2005
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Shawn McMahon welcomed the fans to the show (tradition for International shows)..
- Paul London def Akio (treated as a hometown favorite)..
- Hardcore Holly def Rene Dupree..
- Charlie Haas def Spike Dudley..
- OPENING MATCH: Eddie Guerrero (loud cheers) def Kenzo Suzuki (loud boos)..
- BACKSTAGE: Kurt Angle & Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak..
- Kurt Angle says tonight will be the first step in his journey to regaining the WWE Championships..
- Kurt Angle says that when he wins his first round match tonight he gets a bye into the finals!
- Luther Reigns cuts a promo on the Undertaker and says he's not scared of Caskets OR the Dead Man!
- TAG TITLE MATCH: The Basham Brothers vs Mark Jindrak & Luther Reigns..
- Midway through the match, the lights went out, and Undertaker appeared in the ring!
- The Undertaker attacked Mark Jindrak while Luther Reigns retreated and watched from the ramp..
- BACKSTAGE: Kenzo Suzuki & Hiroko..
- Kenzo Suzuki seems to be routing for Hiroko in her Kimono match with Torrie Wilson later on..
- BACKSTAGE: John Bradshaw Layfield & Amy Webber + Orlando Jordan..
- John Bradshaw Layfield complains about being put in a Barbed Wire Cage match at No Way Out..
- John Bradshaw Layfield says that he might not make it out of the match..
- JBL brings out a tranquilizer gun and says Big Show won't make it to No Way Out..
- JBL gives the tranquilizer gun to Amy Webber for a second and she accidentally shot JBL in the face!
- Orlando Jordan comes in and checks on a groggy WWE Champion..
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Sho Funaki (loud cheers) def Chavo Guerrero to retain..
- BACKSTAGE: Carlito Carebbean Cool + John Bradshaw Layfield + Orlando Jordan..
- Carlito Brags that Theodore Long isn't in Japan and it's all thanks to HIM!
- John Bradshaw Layfield walks up to Carlito Cool acting all drunk and disoriented..
- Orlando Jordan comes in and checks on JBL who promises that he won't go anywhere until he gets back..
- John Bradshaw Layfield starts yelling at a 7 foot inflatable Godzilla..
- #1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT MATCH: John Cena def Orlando Jordan..
- BACKSTAGE: Orlando Jordan & Amy Webber & The Basham Brothers search for JBL (who has gone missing)..
- KIMONO MATCH: Torrie Wilson def Hiroko by ripping off her kimono..
- Editor's Note: Hiroko really does have a very sexy body......
- Torrie Wilson was about to leave, but decided to strip for the Japanese audience anyway..
- IN THE RING: John Bradshaw Layfield + The Big Show + Orlando Jordan & The Bashams..
- JBL walked past Torrie Wilson as she was leaving -- he had his arm wrapped around the inflatable Godzilla!
- After the commercial break, JBL was in the ring cutting a promo on Godzilla saying he wasn't afraid of him!
- JBL compares the inflatable Godzilla to The Big Show and then challenges him to a fight..
- JBL stripes down to his pink boxers and tells Godzilla to put up his dukes NOW!
- The Big Show hit the ring and looks disgustingly towards John Bradshaw Layfield..
- Suddenly JBL snapped out of it and attacked the Big Show and was joined by the rest of his Cabinit!
- The Big Show fought back and took out Orlando Jordan and the Basham Brothers with chokeslams..
- It was all a set up that backfired on JBL..
- The Big Show got on the mic and said only one man in Japan can relate to being a Giant, and points to Akebono..
- The Big Show challenges Akebono to come into the ring and he does -- they stand face to face and shake hands..
- #1 CONTENDER TOURNAMENT MATCH: Kurt Angle def Rey Mysterio by anklelock submission..
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History