WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
September 9, 2004|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Mark Jindrak def Scotty Too Hotty..
- The FBI (Nunzio & Johnny Stamboli) def The Basham Brothers..
- Booker T def Brandon Groom..
- NON (WWF) TITLE MATCH: John Bradshaw Layfield w/Orlando Jordan vs Charlie Haas w/Miss Jackie..
- Orlando Jordan distracted Charlie Haas, and when he turned around he got a clothesline from hell from JBL!
- JBL pinned Charlie Haas for the victory..
- IN THE RING: John Bradshaw Layfield & Orlando Jordan + Theodore Long..
- JBL talks about working his way up to being the most popular WWE Champion of all time..
- JBL says that his greatest feat was def eating the Undertaker at Summerslam last month..
- JBL says that Undertaker challenged him, and failed, and will therefore never get another title shot..
- JBL says that he'll give the Undertaker a funeral next week and give him his "Last Ride"..
- A black hurse then call out and pulled up next to JBL's white limosine..
- Theodore Long came out next and said JBL can have a funeral, but the Undertaker WILL get another title shot..
- Theodore Long books a match between JBL and Undertaker for No Mercy in a "Last Ride" match..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: Billy Kidman & Paul London vs Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki w/Hiroku..
- Billy Kidman went for the Shooting Star Press and for the second week in a row, chicked out at the last second!
- Billy Kidman tagged Paul London in and walked backstage leaving his partner to be double teamed..
- Paul London was eventually pinned by Kenzo Suzuki after the STO finisher..
- Kenzo Suzuki & Rene Dupree capture the WWE Tag Team titles!
- BACKSTAGE: Paul London & Billy Kidman..
- Paul London confronts Billy Kidman and asks "What have you got to say for yourself?"
- Billy Kidman's response "Nothing...." before walking with his bags in hand..
- BACKSTAGE: Booker T & Theodore Long..
- Booker T tried to skip out early to go train for his match with John Cena next week..
- Theodore Long informed Booker T that he would be one of the lumberjacks in the main event..
- NON (CRUISERWEIGHT) TITLE MATCH: Spike Dudley w/The Dudleyz vs Rey Mysterio..
- The Dudleyz kept interfering so Hardcore Holly & Rob Van Dam ran down for the save..
- Referee Charles Robinson ruled that the match would turn into a 6-man tag team match..
- 6-MAN TAG: The Dudley Boyz (Spike, DVon & Bubba) vs Rey Mysterio & Rob Van Dam & Hardcore Holly..
- Rey Mysterio wins the match for his team (RVD had a bloody nose by the end of this one)..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle ranting for a while and then proclaimed that the interview was over..
- IN THE RING: John Cena (raps about his upcoming Best of 5 Series Match #4)..
- BACKSTAGE: Theodore Long & Paul Heyman..
- Paul Heyman says he's getting tired of paying the fines so he gave John Heidenreich the night off..
- Theodore Long says he is booking Paul Heyman in a match against an announcer tonight..
- Paul Heyman says he WILL NOT fight Tazz, but he will mix it up with Michael Cole if he has to..
- Michael Cole came on the monitor and challenged Paul Heyman to bring it to the ring..
- Paul Heyman went out and yelled at Michael Cole, but was attacked from behind by SD! #1 Announcer Funaki!
- MATCH: Paul Heyman vs Funaki..
- Funaki punched away at Paul Heyman for several seconds before Heidenreich showed up and demolishied him!
- Paul Heyman covered Funaki and counted the 1-2-3 for himself to unofficially win the match..
- John Heidenreich put Funaki in a submission hold while Paul Heyman intimidated Michael Cole..
- Michael Cole got out of his chair, but Heidenreich went after him, so he ran away through the crowd..
- After the commercial break, Michael Cole returned when Heyman & Heidenreich were long gone..
- LUMBERJACK MATCH: Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guerrero..
- Lumberjacks: Booker T, Spike, DVon, Bubba Dudley, Kenzo Suzuki, Rene Dupree, Luther Reigns..
- Lumberjacks: Doug & Danny Basham, Rob Van Dam, Charlie Haas, Rey Mysterio, Hardcore Holly..
- Lumberjacks: John Cena, Nunzio, Johnny The Bull, Scotty Too Hotty, Shannon Moore, Akio..
- Late in the match, Eddie Guerrero got the ankle lock on but Luther Reigns came in and hit him!
- The ring filled up as all the lumberjacks entered and got into a huge brawl..
- THE BIG SHOW made an early return to SD! and came out and demolished EVERYONE leaving them in a PILE!
- The Big Show even chokeslammed Eddie Guerrero, who was legit shaken up be the ackward bump he took..
- The last person left with Big Show was Kurt Angle (click here if you don't understand why this means something)..
- The Big Show chokeslammed Kurt Angle, then finished off the group by chokeslamming Luther Reigns..
- I guess the match is rules a NO CONTEST..
- Smackdown! goes off the air......
Go Back To WWE History