WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
August 19, 2004|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- John Heidenreich def Sho Funaki -dark match-..
- Booker T def Shannon Moore;
- Mark Jindrak def Wavell Starr;
- Charlie Haas def Akio;
- Billy Gunn def Doug Basham;
- IN THE RING: John Bradshaw Layfield & Orlando Jordan + The Undertaker..
- JBL (who was chokeslammed through the top of a limo at Summerslam) came out with a neck brace..
- JBL says he did what he said he was going to do, and beat the Undertaker (by DQ) at SummerSlame..
- JBL says he imagined solidifying his Hall of Fame status by pinning the Undertaker, but he didn't get to do that..
- JBL shows still photos and describes how he was feeling when The Undertaker assulted him after their match..
- JBL says that, unlike the Canadian Army, he HAS been to Iraq, and thought he had seen the face of evil..
- JBL says he say the true face of unadulturated evil and that was the Undertaker's face..
- JBL vows to never give the Undertaker another shot at the WWE Championship..
- The Undertaker came out next, as Orlando Jordan got a steel chair to protect his Boss..
- JBL stumbled over the guard rail and escaped through the crowd and scurried to the back..
- The Undertaker got to the ring and picked up the WWE championship belt which was left by JBL..
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Spike Dudley vs Scotty Too Hotty..
- Spike Dudley won and then ordered the Dudleyz to splash him and hold Scotty to so he could whack him with the belt!
- Spike Dudley then ordered his brothers to raise him up on their shoulders to celebrate..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & John Cena..
- John Cena predicts that he will go 2-0 against Booker T in their second match next week..
- Spike Dudley shows up and takes offense to John Cena calling himself "The Champ"..
- John Cena tells Spike Dudley to go get himself some glasses because "You Can't See Me!"
- Spike Dudley kicks John Cena between the legs and the Dudley Boyz attack him from behind!
- NON (TAG) TITLE MATCH: Billy Kidman & Paul London vs Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble..
- Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble scored an upset victory over the Tag Team champions!
- BACKSTAGE: Theodore Long & Brian Hebner..
- Theodore Long says if John Cena & Dudleyz fight backstage, they better be prepared to take it to the ring..
- Theodore Long sets up a one-on-one match with John Cena against "a" Dudley..
- IN THE RING: Eddie Guerrero + Kurt Angle + Luther Reigns + Rey Mysterio..
- Eddie Guerrero calls out Kurt Angle, because the question "Who is the better wrestler" hasn't been answered!
- Eddie Guerrero says since he beat Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania, then they are in need of a TIE-BREAKER!
- Kurt Angle comes out to the stage in his wrestling gear and asks the fans if they want to see a rematch?!
- Kurt Angle declines Eddie 's request for a rematch because he already made Eddie tap out at Summerslam..
- Eddie Guerrero tries to use reverse psychology, but Kurt Angle says he isn't going to be tricked..
- Eddie Guerrero 'gets serious' and admits that Kurt Angle did outwrestle him at Summerslam..
- Eddie Guerrero says he doesn't like Kurt Angle, and never will, but he earned his respect on Sunday..
- Eddie Guerrero says if Kurt Angle won't give him a match, to at least step into the ring and shake his hand..
- Kurt Angle cautiously got up into the ring and approached Eddie Guerrero for the proposed handshake..
- Eddie Guerrero stuck out his hand, but Kurt Angle backed away, thinking it was some kind of trick..
- Kurt Angle stepped forward, but Eddie Guerrero attacked him and knocked him out of the ring!!!
- Luther Reigns came down to help Kurt Angle, and they surrounded Eddie Guerrero..
- Rey Mysterio ran down and evened the odds and helped chase off Kurt Angle & Luther Reigns..
- MATCH: John Cena vs DVon Dudley w/Bubba Dudley..
- Booker T joined Michael Cole & Tazz for commentary during the match..
- John Cena won after hitting DVon with the FU..
- John Cena says that next week Booker T is going to find out that he means BIG business..
- MATCH: Rob Van Dam vs Rene Dupree..
- Rob Van Dam won after a foge-star-frog-splash..
- Kenzo Suzuki came out of nowhere and attacked RVD from behind and beat him up..
- IN THE RING: Theodore Long..
- Theodore Long announces that he has resigned The Big Show to Smackdown!..
- MAIN EVENT: Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle & Luther Reigns..
- Kurt Angle was chased backstage, leaving Luther Reigns alone with Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio..
- Eddy & Rey easily picked up the pinfall to win the match..
- Kurt Angle came back out and poured white paint all over Eddie 's low-rider!!!
- Smackdown! goes off the air......
Go Back To WWE History