WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
February 19, 2004|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Orlando Jordan def A-Train (dark)..
- Rey Mysterio & Billy Kidman def Jamie Noble & Nunzio..
- Rhyno def Shannon Moore..
- Sakoda def Paul London (who now uses Spanky's old entrance music)..
- Scotty Too Hotty & Rikishi def The FBI (Chuck Palumbo & Johnny Stamboli)..
- OPENING: General Manager Paul Heyman..
- Paul Heyman says he suggested to Brock Lesnar that he not appear on Smackdown!, in the interest of public safety..
- Paul Heyman says the NEW WWE Champion (Eddie Guerrero) will def end his title against Chavo Guerrero tonight!
- Paul Heyman says he'll assign a special guest referee for that match!
- IN THE RING: Kurt Angle + John Cena + Paul Heyman..
- Kurt Angle says tonight's Smackdown! is to celebrate the new WWE Champion, Eddie Guerrero!
- Kurt Angle congradulates Eddie Guerrero for winning the WWE title, but says he knew Eddie would beat Brock Lensar..
- Kurt Angle talks about facing Eddie Guerrero at Wrestlemania XX for the WWE championship..
- Kurt Angle leads 'three cheers' for Eddie Guerrer -- hip hip... horay! X3
- John Cena then comes out with a brace on his knee and makes fun of Kurt Angles corny attitude..
- John Cena does a rap, gives Kurt Angle props for winnig the triple threat, and predicts Eddie Guerrero beat him at WMXX..
- John Cena & Kurt Angle get ready to go at it, but Paul Heyman comes up on the big screen to put a stop to it..
- Paul Heyman says he doesn't want to see Angle vs Cena, he'd rather see them as a tag team tonight..
- Paul Heyman sets up a match between Kurt Angle & John Cena vs The Basham Brothers..
- TAG MATCH: Kurt Angle & John Cena vs The Basham Brothers..
- John Cena came in and picked up the win after hitting one of the Bashams with an FU..
- BACKSTAGE: Paul Heyman & Dawn Marie & Rey Mysterio..
- Rey Mysterio asks Paul Heyman for a rematch against Chavo Guerrero for the Cruiserweight championship..
- Paul Heyman says he wishes everyone in the Smackdown! lockerroom was as respectable as Rey is..
- Paul Heyman grants Rey a rematch, and says if Chavo wins the WWE title tonight, it will be a WWE title match..
- Paul Heyman then asks Rey Mysterio to take the night off, so he won't interfere in the main event..
- IN THE RING: Eddie Guerrero + Chavo Jr & Chavo Sr...
- Eddie Guerrero makes his way through the fans with confetti falling from the roof, as he goes to the ring..
- Eddie Guerrero says that he's the WWE champion, then corrects and says WE (including the fans) are the WWE champion!
- Eddie Guerrero thanks all the fans and everybody that has been behind him from the beginning..
- Chavo Guerrero interrupted the party and joined Eddie in the ring, with Chavo Sr. coming to the ring too..
- Chavo Guerrero points out that he beat Rey Mysterio for the Cruiserweight title at No Way Out..
- Chavo Guerrero says it's so suprising that all the attention is on Eddie , and asks where his CELEBRATION is..
- Chavo Jr. accuses Eddie of stealing his spotlight all his life..
- Chavo Jr. tells Eddie to savour the celebration because he'll take everything away from Eddie tonight..
- Chavo Jr. says that Eddie always thinks he knows everything, but tonight, he knows something Eddie doesn't..
- Chavo Jr. says that Paul Heyman told him who the special referee is for their match tonight ---- Chavo Guerrero Sr.!!
- US TITLE MATCH: The Big Show vs Hardcore Holly..
- The Big Show retains in somewhat of a squash..
- John Cena came down after the match and cut a promo on The Big Show, challenging him to a match at Wrestlemania XX..
- The Big Show accepts the challenge and says he's the "most dominant US champion of all time" --- yikes..
- IN THE RING: Brock Lesnar..
- Brock Lesnar, close to tears, says he has too much pride to stay home and take the night off..
- Brock Lesnar says that Eddie Guerrero doesn't appreciate the WWE title, and will probably go out and pawn it..
- Brock Lesnar says that Eddie Guerrero won the title by lying and cheating, capitolizing on Goldberg's interference..
- Brock Lesnar then says that he has a score to settle with Bill Goldberg, so he asks that Vince McMahon make the match..
- BACKSTAGE: Chavo Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Sr..
- Chavo talks about going to Kansas City next week as both Cruiserweight & WWE champion and having a celebration..
- Chavo Guerrero says he knows Chavo Sr. is Eddie 's brother, but pleads for him to call it down the middle..
- BACKSTAGE: Chavo Guerrero Sr + Paul Heyman & Kurt Angle..
- Paul Heyman finds Chavo Guerrero Sr unconcious and being checked over by medics..
- Kurt Angle yells at Paul Heyman about the second week of people getting attacked and nobody seeing anything..
- Paul Heyman then orders Kurt Angle to replace Chavo Sr. as the referee of the Eddie vs Chavo match..
- WWE TITLE MATCH: Eddie Guerrero vs Chavo Guerrero (Kurt Angle as special guest referee)..
- Midway through the match, Chavo Sr. came to ringside and briefly distracted Eddie Guerrero..
- Rey Mysterio ran down and gave Chavo Sr. a sneak-attack ringpost 619 and repeatedly punched him in the head!
- Referees came down and dragged both Chavo Sr. & Rey Mysterio to the back..
- Eddy & Chavo fought back and forth until Eddie Guerrero nailed a frog-splash, but Kurt Angle refused to count!
- DECISION: No Contest..
- IN THE RING: Kurt Angle & Eddie Guerrero..
- Eddy got to his feet, where Kurt Angle attacked him and beat him up around the ringside area!!
- Kurt Angle tossed a bloodied Eddie Guerrero into the ring and repeatedly punched him in the head..
- Kurt Angle delivered an AngleSlam on Eddie Guerrero in the middle of the ring..
- Rey Mysterio ran down and tried a hurancanrana on Kurt Angle, who reversed it into a powerbomb!
- Kurt Angle continued the assult on Eddie Guerrero and grabbed the WWE title belt as the crowd booed..
- Kurt Angle helped Eddie Guerrero to his feet, before knocking him back down with a beltshot to the face!
- Smackdown! goes off the air......
Go Back To WWE History