WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
January 29, 2004|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- IN THE RING: Paul Heyman & Vince McMahon..
- Paul Heyman welcomes everybody to "Paul Heyman's Smackdown!"
- Vince McMahon immediately interrupts and gets on Paul Heyman's case for letting Chris Benoit jump to RAW!
- Vince McMahon says he saw Chris Benoit appear on RAW and challange the World champion to a title match!
- Vince McMahon says that Paul Heyman has become the victim of a legal loophole, and asks for an explaination..
- Paul Heyman says "Screw Chris Benoit!" because that is what Vincent Kennedy McMahon would say!
- Paul Heyman remembers when guys like Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart left the WWF..
- Paul Heyman says that Vince McMahon screwed Bret Hart and gave someone else an opportunity..
- Paul Heyman says that he'll give someone an opportunity tonight on Smackdown! with a 15-Man Royal Rumble!
- Paul Heyman says that Matt Morgan is now injured, so Hardcore Holly will get his spot..
- Paul Heyman says Chris Benoit is gone so he'll be replaced by Eddie Guerrero!
- Paul Heyman says that Vince McMahon can say "Screw Paul Heyman" or he can share in the glory!
- Vince McMahon says Smackdown! will have a Royal Rumble!!
- TAG TITLE MATCH: The Basham Brothers w/Shaniqua vs Billy Kidman & Paul London..
- The Bashams did an old fasioned switcharoo to pick up the victory..
- BACKSTAGE: Dawn Marie & Kurt Angle & Paul Heyman..
- Paul Heyman says that there's never been a Royal Rumble on network tv before, so it's gotta be legitimate!
- Editor's Note: HELLLLOO!! Royal Rumble 1988 was shown live on the USA network --- duuuuhh!!!
- Kurt Angle once again dedicates the match to the brave men and women of the united states forces..
- Kurt Angle picks out his number, and says he's got to go, and bolts out of the room..
- BACKSTAGE: Chavo Sr. & Chavo Jr..
- Chavo Guerrero Jr. is getting checked out by a trainer, with bruises all over his face and bandage on his head..
- Chavo Jr. says that his bruises and cuts will heal but the deep scares in his heart will be there forever..
- Chavo Jr. says that he will get his revenge on his uncle Eddie , and everyone will know who the best Guerrero is!
- BACKSTAGE: Dawn Marie & Eddie Guerrero..
- Eddie Guerrero comes in and gets Dawn Marie to blow on his ball for good luck..
- Eddie Guerrero opens the ball and says "tonight IS my lucky night!"
- BACKSTAGE: Dawn Marie & John Cena + Paul Heyman + Rhyno..
- Clips are shown of John Cena getting eliminated from the Royal Rumble and landing on his leg awkwardly..
- John Cena suggests Dawn Marie reach down and grab his balls for him..
- Paul Heyman pops up out of nowhere and says Dawn Marie will be grabbing nobodys balls tonight..
- Rhyno enters and says he hopes nobody target's John Cena's sore knee and ends his career..
- John Cena says that Rhyno smells, and asks Paul Heyman to get him some soap (har har!)
- CW TITLE MATCH: Rey Mysterio vs Jamie Noble w/Nidia (still blind)..
- Nidia got involved once again, nearly tripping Jamie Noble the same way she did at Royal Rumble..
- Jamie Noble was trying to jump off the top rope onto Rey Mysterio outside, but Nidia was standing in the way..
- Jamie Noble throws Nidia into the ring, and pushes her in the direction of Rey Mysterio..
- Nidia stops in her tracks before she hits the ropes, revealing that she is no longer BLIND!!
- Jamie Noble is distracted just long enough for Rey Mysterio to score the pin to retain his title!
- Nidia throws her sunglasses at Jamie Noble afterwards and walks out on him!!!!!!!!!!!!
- WWE HEADQUARTERS: RUe De Bona..
- RUe announces that there are rumors of a WWE female tag team appearing in Playboy soon..
- RUe runs down the history of WWE divas appearing in the pages of past editions of Playboy..
- BACKSTAGE: Dawn Marie & The Big Show & Paul Heyman..
- Big Show's hand wouldn't fit in the cage so Paul Heyman allows Dawn Marie to pick for him..
- Big Show is happy with the number that he was given..
- Dawn Marie comments on his big Big Show's hands are, and he replies "Chicks Dig it Big, Baby!"
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & Brock Lesnar..
- Brock Lesnar says that when he started, everybody thought he was a wannabe Bill Goldberg..
- Brock Lesnar says that Bill Goldberg has never been WWE Champion, and never headlined a Wrestlemania..
- Brock Lesnar offers an open challange to anybody on Smackdown! to a non-title match..
- BACKSTAGE: Dawn Marie & Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas & Paul Heyman..
- Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas "pick their balls" (Dawn Marie says that each time, it hasn't gotten boring)..
- A girl ran into the room and pulled Paul Heyman out, saying that something has happened to Eddie Guerrero!
- BATHROOM: Paul Heyman & Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio + Chavo Jr & Chavo Sr..
- Paul Heyman finds Eddie Guerrero on the bathroom floor getting worked on by medics..
- Chavo Jr & Chavo Sr walk in and ask what happened, and deny that they had anything to do with it!
- Rey Mysterio attacks Chavo Jr and chases them out of the area..
- Eddie Guerrero is stretchered out and taken to the hospital in an ambulance..
- OPEN CHALLANGE: Brock Lesnar vs ..... Orlando Jordan!
- Brock Lesnar wins after making Orlando Jordan tap out to the Brock Lock..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & Vince McMahon..
- Josh Mathews asks if Vince McMahon thinks that Kane is being played with by the Undertaker..
- Vince McMahon says that that was a ridiculous question and should be asking who he thinks will win the Royal Rumble..
- Vince McMahon says Josh will be okay though because he has a great smile -- and Josh smiles..
- BACKSTAGE: Paul Heyman & Dawn Marie + Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle complains about Eddie Guerrero getting attacked and sent to hospital..
- Kurt Angle asks if Paul Heyman is planning to replace Eddie with Chavo Jr..
- Paul Heyman says that when Eddie 's music plays, if he's there, he's in, if he's not, he's not..
- SMACKDOWN ROYAL RUMBLE: Winner gets a WWE title shot at No Way Out..
- Kurt Angle enters at #1 and Rhyno enters at #2..
- Charlie Haas enters at #3, and goes right after his former mentor, Kurt Angle..
- Shelton Benjamin enters at #4 and goes right after his former mentor, Kurt Angle too!
- Bradshaw enters at #5 and nails Rhyno with a brutal clothesline from Hell!
- Ernest "The Cat" Miller entered at #6 and was immediately eliminated by Kurt Angle!
- Tajiri entered at #7 and kicked Lamont in the head as he was leaving with Ernest Miller..
- Billy Gunn entered at #8 and hit Bradshaw with a Famasser..
- The Big Show enters at #9 and everybody stops what they're doing and prepares to go after him!
- The Big Show gets attacked by all seven participants and pushes them all away!
- The Big Show eliminates Tajiri & Bradshaw..
- John Cena (with a special knee brace) enters at #10 and goes face to face with the Big Show..
- John Cena clotheslined Big Show over the top rope, but he landed on the apron and stayed in..
- A-Train enters at #11, during the commercial..
- Nunzio enters at #12 and immediately get eliminated by John Cena, who reinjured his knee..
- Eddie Guerrero miraculously enters #13 and eliminated A-Train..
- Rikishi enters at #14 and gives The Big Show, Shelton Benjamin & Billy Gunn stinkfaces..
- Hardcore Holly enters at #15 and goes right after Kurt Angle..
- John Cena was eliminated when the Big Show flipped him over the top rope..
- The Big Show was eliminated when everybody teamed up against him, and John Cena pulled from the outside!
- Charlie Haas was eliminated by Eddie Guerrero..
- Shelton Benjamin was eliminated by Kurt Angle..
- Hardcore Holly was eliminated by Kurt Angle..
- Billy Gunn was eliminated by Eddie Guerrero, who accidentally eliminated himself in the process..
- Rikishi missed a bonzai drop on Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle & Eddie Guerrero took turns trying to eliminate Rikishi, and then teamed up and dumped him!
- Kurt Angle & Eddie Guerrero were the final two and squared off in a bit of mat wrestling..
- Kurt Angle & Eddie Guerrero went back and forth with near eliminations for both competitors..
- Eddie Guerrero went for a frog-splash, but Kurt Angle set up for a super angle slam, but they bot got crotched!
- Eddie Guerrero reversed a suplex and dumped Kurt Angle over the top rope to win the Smackdown! Royal Rumble!!
- Eddie Guerrero will face Brock Lesnar at NO WAY OUT in a match for the WWE championship!!
- Smackdown! goes off the air......
Go Back To WWE History