WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
January 8, 2004|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Bradshaw def Kevin Fury (dark)..
- Billy Kidman def Sakoda..
- Rhyno def Funaki..
- Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin def Paul London & Spanky..
- Matt Morgan def Shannon Moore..
- IN THE RING: Kurt Angle + Chavo Guerrero + Eddie Guerrero..
- Kurt Angle says that he returned last week and vowed to win the Royal Rumble for the troops..
- Kurt Angle says he's not going to stand around and watch one of the greatest tag teams ever to self-destruct..
- Kurt Angle then calls out Chavo Guerrero to the ring..
- Kurt Angle suggests that Chavo Guerrero may have crossed the line when he slapped his uncle Eddie ..
- The crowd starts an "Eddy" chant while Kurt Angle suggests Chavo owes Eddie a public apology..
- Chavo Guerrero says he shouldn't have to apologize for trying to hold his family together and loving his uncle Eddie ..
- Chavo Guerrero says that he showed Edddy "tough love" last week and says he WILL NOT apologize!
- Chavo Guerrero says that if Eddie was in the ring with them, he'd slap him in the face again!
- That brings Eddie Guerrero out as Kurt Angle holds him back preventing him from attacking Chavo..
- Kurt Angle pleads with both Guerreros not to tear apart the greatest family in the history of wrestling..
- Chavo Guerrero extends his hand to his uncle Eddie , who hesitates momentarily, before reciprocating!
- Kurt Angle drops the microphone and raises the arms of both Guerreros in celebration..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & The Big Show..
- The Big Show brings out the steel chair that Hardcore Holly used to bust his head open with last week..
- The Big Show says he begged Paul Heyman to give him a street fight with Hardcore Holly tonight!
- IN THE RING: Chris Benoit & Paul Heyman (on stage)..
- Paul Heyman comes out and informs Chris Benoit that he'll be involved in a mini Royal Rumble against the FBI!
- MINI ROYAL RUMBLE: Chris Benoit vs Johnny Stamboli vs Chuck Palumbo vs Nunzio..
- Chris Benoit starts the match with Johnny Stamboli, who was tapping out to the crossface at the 2 minute mark..
- Chuck Palumbo comes out next to make it a handicap match..
- Chris Benoit eliminated Johnny Stamboli by tossing him over the top rope to even the odds..
- Chris Benoit made Chuck Palumbo tap out to the cross face at the four minute mark (submissions don't count)..
- Nunzio entered the match and directed traffic in the ring, but Chris Benoit flipped him over the top rope!
- Chris Benoit ducked Chuck Palumbo's superkick and backflipped him over the top rope to win the match!
- Paul Heyman grins and applauds from the stage sarcastically..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: The Basham Brothers w/Shaniqua vs Scotty Too Hotty & Rikishi..
- The Bashams & Shaniqua attacked Rikishi & Scott before the match and laid them out with belt shots!
- Kurt Angle's music hits and he comes out to the stage and says he just left Paul Heyman's office..
- Kurt Angle says that since Smackdown! has advertised a Tag Team title match, then there should be one!
- Kurt Angle says that the Bashams' new challengers will be Los Guerreros!!!
- TAG TITLE MATCH: The Basham Brothers w/Shaniqua vs Los Guerreros (Eddy & Chavo)..
- Eddy & Chavo Guerrero work extremely well together considering their recent issues..
- Midway through, some mark in the crowd starts a "Chavo! Chavo!" chant, which kills what is about to happen..
- Eddie Guerrero plays face-in-peril for most of the match before getting a hot tag to his nephew Chavo!
- Chavo Guerrero cleans house and gets several near falls broken up by the second Basham brother..
- Chavo & Eddie Guerrero did simoltaneous slingshot planchas on the Basham brothers on opposide sides of the ring..
- The Basham Brothers cheated and scored the pin on Chavo Guerrero to retain their titles..
- The Basham Brothers then continued the assult on Eddie Guerrero inside the ring..
- IN THE RING: Eddie Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero..
- Chavo Guerrero looks in the ring, and takes a chair and sits down and watches the Bashams pull Eddie apart!
- Chavo Guerrero entered the ring after the Bashams left the area, and helped Eddie to his feet!
- Chavo Guerrero then knocked his uncle Eddie down with a punch to the face!
- Chavo Guerrero then mounted Eddie and maniacally laid repeated punches into his forehead!
- Eddie Guerrero was busted open above his eye, and Chavo purposely rubbed blood on his own hands..
- Chavo Guerrero viciously kicked Eddie in the head as he was leaving for good measure..
- Chavo Guerrero gets into Eddie 's low-rider and backs out of the arena..
- MATCH: A-Train vs John Cena..
- Editor's Note: Why would you book the brand's hottest wrestler in matches with A-Train?
- John Cena wins after an FU..
- BACKSTAGE: Eddie Guerrero & Kurt Angle..
- Eddie Guerrero is getting patched up backstage and starts to break down in tears..
- Kurt Angle enters and apoligizes and says he feels responsible and never should have gotten involved..
- NON (CW) TITLE MATCH: Rey Mysterio vs Akio w/Sakoda..
- Rey Mysterio won with a brutal looking West Coast Pop on Akio..
- BEST OF BILLY GUNN COUNTDOWN #1: The Smoking Gunns vs Bob Holy & 1-2-3 Kid!
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & Hardcore Holly..
- Hardcore Holly says that if Big Show wants a street fight, then he'll get a street fight!
- Hardcore Holly says you don't play his game, in his backyard of Huntsville, Alabama..
- BACKSTAGE: Nidia & Paul Heyman..
- Nidia calls Jamie Noble on her cell phone and leaves a messege wondering where he is..
- Paul Heyman comes by and says Jamie Noble's match is next, and if he doesn't show, Nidia will replace him!
- #1 CONTENDERS MATCH: Tajiri vs Nidia..
- Paul Heyman escorts the blinded Nidia out to the ring and forces her into the match..
- Tajiri manhandles Nidia and throws her around the ring and pins her after a russian leg sweep..
- Tajiri then sets up to kick Nidia in the head, but Rey Mysterio runs in and chases Tajiri away..
- Rey Mysterio helps Nidia to her feet and helps her out of the ring as she whines for Jamie..
- Jamie Noble then convieniently shows up and attacks Rey Mysterio, thinking he was trying to harm Nidia..
- STREET FIGHT: The Big Show vs Hardcore Holly..
- Brock Lesnar joins Tazz & Michael Cole at the announce position to watch the main event..
- The Big Show is, of course, not def ending his United States title this week AGAIN..
- An assortment of weapons were spread around the ring, all of which are legal to use during the match..
- A few minutes into the fight, Hardcore Holly attacked Brock Lesnar at ringside, knocking him out of his chair!
- Hardcore Holly wrapped a folding chair around The Big Show's throat making him tap out!
- Hardcore Holly goes after Brock Lesnar, who jumps the rail and escapes through the crowd..
- Smackdown! goes off the air..
Go Back To WWE History