WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
November 13, 2003|
East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Shannon Moore & Sean O'Haire def Jonah Aldeman & Chad Wicks (dark)..
- Horshu def Billy ??? (dark)..
- Full Blooded Italians def Rikishi, Scotty Too Hotty & Orlando Jordan..
- Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas def Ultimo Dragon & Funaki..
- Spanky & Paul London def John Walters & American Dragon..
- Rhyno def Chris Kanyon with the Gore!
- OPENING MATCH: Kurt Angle vs Nathan Jones..
- Referee Nick Patrick ejected Matt Morgan from the ringside area before the match started..
- Matt Morgan ended up running in late in the match and causing a disqualification..
- Bob Holly ran in with a chair and anialated Nathan Jones & Matt Morgan like a posessed maniac!
- Bob Holly says he's been waiting nine months, and demands that Brock Lesnar come to the ring NOW!
- BACKSTAGE: Bob Holly & Paul Heyman..
- Bob Holly searches backstage for Brock Lesnar when he bumps into Paul Heyman..
- Paul Heyman says that Bob Holly isn't medically cleared to wrestle here tonight..
- Paul Heyman says that if Bob Holly leaves now, he will allow Bob Holly to get Brock Lesnar on Sunday..
- Bob Holly says that at Survivor Series, he's going to do to Brock, what he did to him!
- BACKSTAGE: Vince McMahon & Sable..
- Sable is looking through the new WWE UNSCRIPTED book at pictures of Vince McMahon and his old dog..
- Vince McMahon leafs through the pages and finds and old picture of the Phenom Undertaker..
- Vince McMahon says he knows he's protected by the higher power, but had a nitemare last night..
- Vince McMahon describes his dream about maggots trying to enter his body through his eye sockets..
- Vince McMahon says he finally woke up and realized it was just a dream, but still smelt the stench..
- Vince McMahon says that he looked down and saw that he has soiled himself, and doesn't know what it means..
- IN THE RING: Jamie Noble + Tajiri/Akio/Sakada + Rey Mysterio..
- Jamie Noble comes down and demands that Tajiri come out so they can start Survivor Series early!
- Tajiri comes out with his 'friends', Akio & Sakada, to attack and beat down Jamie Noble..
- Rey Mysterio ran down and made the save and a tag team match is set up..
- TAG MATCH: Jamie Noble & Rey Mysterio vs Akio & Sakada..
- Akio & Sakada pick up the victory after Tajiri interfered and kicked Jamie Noble in the head!
- BACKSTAGE: Eddie & Chavo Guerrero..
- Chavo Guerrero says we can't screw up their opportunity tonight for the tag team titles..
- A police officer (played by Fred "The Bone Crusher" Sampson from NJ's Independant Wrestling Federation) enters..
- The police officer informed Eddie Guerrero that his wife's sister Connie had been involved in an car accident..
- The police officer says they have a car waiting to take Eddie Guerrero to the airport..
- Chavo Guerrero first says that Eddie can't just leave him before their tag title shot..
- Chavo then changes his tune and says he'll try to work something out with GM Paul Heyman..
- BACKSTAGE: Chavo Guerrero & Paul Heyman + The Basham Brothers..
- Chavo Guerrero explains the situation to Paul Heyman and asks to postpone the situation..
- Paul Heyman agrees that on Smackdown!, family comes first, so he'll postpone the match until Survivor Series..
- The Basham Brothers come in and say that they came to Smackdown! for a match, and challanges Chavo Guerrero..
- Paul Heyman sets up a handicap match between the Basham Brothers and Chavo Guerrero... NEXT!
- VIGNETTE: The Undertaker..
- An ominous video package of the Undertaker from the cemetary talking about his buried alive match..
- The Undertaker threatens to bury Vince McMahon with his head sticking out of the ground (that would be a twist)..
- HANDICAP MATCH: The Basham Brothers w/Shaniqua vs Chavo Guerrero..
- The Bashams pulled the old fasioned 'switcharoo' to outsmart and def eat Chavo Guerrero..
- After the match, Shaniqua kicked Chavo Guerrero flat in the face!
- The Bashams came back in and gave Chavo a double Rock Bottom..
- The Bashams then hit a brutal second rope spinebuster to finish Chavo off!
- BACKSTAGE: The Basham Brothers & Shaniqua + The Police Officer..
- The Basham Brothers are laughing while watching Chavo Guerrero getting looked at by the trainer..
- Shaniqua says it's too bad Eddie Guerrero wasn't there, as the police officer from earlier enters the room..
- It becomes apparant that it was all a set-up, and they tricked Eddie into leaving the arena..
- MATCH: Bradshaw vs A-Train..
- Bradshaw pins A-Train after ducking a big boot and nailing the lariat from hell!
- BACKSTAGE: Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle + John Cena..
- Chris Benoit says Kurt Angle has lost his mind for picking "him" as the fifth member of Team Angle..
- Chris Benoit says he's made a career out of making their lives miserable..
- Kurt Angle says he could say the exact same thing about Chris himself, but has to do things for business..
- John Cena shows up as the mystery fifth partner and says he's only teaming with them to get at "Team Sasquach"..
- Chris Benoit promises if John Cena screwed up, he's going to come looking for Kurt Angle!
- BACKSTAGE: Vince McMahon & Sable + Father Frank..
- Sable brings a priest to Vince McMahon in the hopes that he'll possibly relieve some tension..
- Vince McMahon greets Father Frank and introduces himself before sitting down to talk about things..
- Father Frank begins saying the lords prayer for Vince McMahon, who interrupts several times..
- Vince McMahon requests that they pray together on their knees..
- Vince McMahon says he's not feeling it, and asks that Father Frank prays louder for him..
- As Father Frank prays loudly, Vince McMahon starts maniacally laughing at him..
- Vince McMahon informs Father Frank that he's praying for the wrong man, he should pray for the Undertaker!
- Vince McMahon stands in front of Father Frank (supposed to resemble the devil I guess)..
- Editor's Note: Wow, this is just yet another example of just how far Vince has fallen from reality..
- TAG MATCH: Brock Lesnar & The Big Show vs Chris Benoit & John Cena..
- John Cena used a steel chain shot to Big Show's head to score the pinfall for his team..
- Smackdown! goes OFF THE AIR....
- Major controvery breaks out backstage at the SmackDown tapings;
At last night's SmackDown taping, a very odd incident occured which has left numerous WWE staff members confused and angry.
The major result of the controvery proves that political problems that are affecting WWE and it’s product. The situation involves Michael Hayes upsetting a number of people in the locker room the wrong way at the show because he was pushing to get over an angle that he wanted.
All day when the show was being written, Hayes was pushing for John Cena to hit an FU on Chris Benoit at the end of their match, despite Benoit and Cena being on the same team, and working on the face team at Survivor Series.
Hayes was steadily convinced that this would be a great idea, however, he was the only one who was behind actually doing it. Basically everyone else is aware that Cena needs to be pushed as a babyface and that the fans are solidly behind him.
Hayes believed that if Cena was to hit an FU on Benoit, it would "reprise the Stone Cold character." Needless to say, Austin and Cena play two very different characters and no one else at the show thought that confusing the fans with a Cena FU on Benoit was a smart move.
After the storyline was discussed with the talent who are in the Team Angle vs. Team Lesnar match, it was decided that Cena WOULD NOT FU Benoit, because it would confuse the fans and hurt Benoit. However, Hayes was still not satisfied with this, so he proceeded to Vince McMahon regarding the idea, and after discussing it, Vince agreed with Hayes. Apparently the reason Vince agreed to it, was because Hayes told him that others were in favor of the idea as well, however this was not true. From there, Hayes was then telling people at the show that the FU was what Vince wanted.
To add more fuel to the fire, many at SmackDown are suspicous with Hayes' actions because he is a writer for the Raw brand, yet he was pushing for the finish given the effect that it could have on a major player on the Smackdown roster.
The FU spot on Benoit did occur, which as everyone but Hayes expected, put the crowd into a in a shocked silence, and it wasn’t good. It wasn't the type of shock fans got from watching something like the Kane & Shane limo angle, rather a "we are confused with Cena's status and you've buried Benoit." Needless to say, this kind of silence isn't good and overall it is really bad for the product. There is a chance it may be edited off of the show.
This incident comes just a few weeks Hayes drank heavily, and hopped on stage and sang “Jailhouse Rock” at Stephanie McMahon and HHH”s wedding, but then had the microphone was taken away by Linda McMahon.
As expected, the blunder was edited off the show.. should be interesting to see if heads roll..
Go Back To WWE History