WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
January 23, 2003|
Albany, New York - Pepsi Arena
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPING:
- Chavo Guerrero def eats Funaki..
- Jamie Noble def eats Jeff Starr..
- Chuck Palumbo def eats River Rat (Spanky)..
- Billy Kidman def eats Matt Hardy by Disqualification..
- SMACKDOWN KICKS OFF: Stephanie McMahon..
- Steph tells the audience to stay tuned for a "BIG" suprise..
- MATCH: Chris Benoit vs Charlie Haas w/Shelton Benjamin..
- This match is filled with some interesting amature wrestling lockups and takedowns..
- Benoit gets the pinfall victory over Haas dispite attempted interference by Benjamin..
- MATCH: Rikishi vs Bill DeMott..
- Rikishi extracts revenge on DeMott for last week by def eating him this week..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & Big Show..
- Josh asks Big Show about the Undertaker's return tonight..
- Josh asks Big Show if he is at all concerned..
- Big Show grabs Josh by the face and stares him down and then walks away..
- BACKSTAGE: Matt Hardy & Shannon Moore + Nunzio..
- Matt says that even though Shannon keeps screwing up but he showed some potential last night..
- Matt blames Shannon for Matt not winning the Royal Rumble last night..
- Matt tells Shannon to go get prepared for his match with Nunzio..
- Matt walks down the hall and finds Nunzio..
- Matt asks Nunzio to teach Shannon Moore a lesson..
- Nunzio tells a storm about teaching a buddy of his a lesson the "family" way..
- IN THE RING: Undertaker + Big Show..
- Undertaker says there is way too much talkin' on Smackdown! and not enough asskickin'..
- Undertaker says he's got only one thing on his mind, and that's revenge..
- Undertaker says that he's gonna get him "some"..
- Undertaker shows the footage of Big Show tossing him off the Smackdown! stage..
- Undertaker calls Big Show to get face-to-face and get his ass kicked..
- Big Show comes out to the stage..
- Big Show says that if he walks down that ramp, one of us won't make it back up..
- Big Show sends out A-Train to take on the Undertaker..
- MATCH: Undertaker vs A-Train..
- Undertaker wins after a hard-fought match..
- MATCH: Edge vs Shelton Benjamin w/Charlie Haas..
- Edge pulls out the victory..
- BACKSTAGE: Kurt Angle & Team Angle..
- Kurt is lecturing Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin for losing their matches tonight..
- Kurt says that being a member of Team Angle means they are represtent HIM..
- Kurt tells the two to wake up and smell the freekin' coffee..
- Kurt tells the two to sit there and watch how Kurt gets the job done..
- Kurt says that he is embarassed and ashamed of the two..
- MATCH: Nunzio vs Shannon Moore w/Matt Hardy..
- Nunzio wins after reversing the twist of fate..
- Matt gets in the ring and chases Shannon Moore up the ramp..
- Matt gets back in the ring and shakes Nunzio's hand..
- PROMO: Brock Lesnar..
- Brock says everybody knows he's accomplished a lot since entering the WWE..
- Brock says that he is goal oriented and did everything he set out to do..
- Brock talks about being screwed by Paul Heyman and beaten by the Big Show..
- Brock says his new goals are to F5 Paul Heyman and then beat Kurt Angle for the WWE title..
- BACKSTAGE: Rey Mysterio + Shannon Moore + Matt Hardy..
- Rey puts his mask on, preparing for his match..
- Shannon Moore runs by and hides in a production box..
- Matt Hardy runs in looking for Shannon, saying that running is only going to make it worse..
- NON TITLE MATCH: Kurt Angle w/Paul Heyman vs Rey Mysterio..
- Angle wins the match, and puts the anklelock on afterwards, refusing to release it..
- Edge runs down to save his buddy, Rey, as Angle backs up the ramp..
- Benoit springs down and attacks Angle!
- Benoit throws Angle in the ring so Edge, Benoit & Rey can triple team him!
- Everyone expects Team Angle to make the save, but Angle told them to stay in the lockerroom..
- BACKSTAGE: Funaki & Stephanie McMahon..
- Funaki asks what Stephanie's suprise will be..
- Steph says that her suprise isn't a "what" but a "who"..
- Steph says that Funaki will have to wait just like everybody else..
- Steph sends Funaki out the foor and admires a Hulkamania poster on the wall..
- IN THE RING: Hulkamania + Vince McMahon..
- Stephanie's big suprise is none other than the return of Hulkamania!!!!!
- Hulk comes to the ring and enjoys a 12 minute standing ovation with chants of HOGAN! HOGAN!
- Hulk is once again brought to tears by the reaction of the thousands of Hulkamaniacs..
- Hulk starts off with "Okay Hulkamaniacs! You ARE my life.. I admit it!"
- Hulk announces that he just signed a brand new contract with the WWE..
- Hulk says that Hulkamania is back and it's going to run wild all over the world..
- Hulk says he has a lot of unfinished business in the WWE, not to mention some new business..
- Hulk talks about walking into battle with the "forces of evil"..
- Hulk says that this might be their very last journey together..
- Hulk says that he will not let down the Hulkamaniacs..
- Hulk says if it IS our last journey, let it be the GREATEST of them all!!!
- Suddenly, Vince McMahon's "No Chance In Hell" music hits and out comes Vincamania..
- Vince says that he's terrible disappointed in Stephanie for making Hogan her big suprise..
- Vince says that Hulkamania and Al Wilson have one thing in common, they're both DEAD!
- Hulk says that Vince has just given him an idea..
- Hulk says that the first WWE superstar he wants to take on is VINCE MCMAHON!
- Vince says that he doesn't answer to Hulk Hogan, and sure as hell don't answer to the fans..
- Vince says he only answers to one supreme being, and his name is Vincient Kennedy McMahon..
- Hulk says he would like to help Vince make up his mind..
- Hulk knocks Vince down and out with one punch!
- Hulk rips off his Hulkamania shirt and throws it on Vince's face!
- Smackdown! goes OFF THE AIR....
Go Back To WWE History