WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
December 27, 2001|
TD Waterhouse Centre
Announcers: Michael Cole/Jerry Lawler
- NON-TITLE MATCH: Dudley Boyz w/Stacy vs Spike Dudley/Tazz.
- A few minutes into the match, Stacy got up on the ring apron to cheer on her team -- and Spike sneaked up from behind and bit the Duchess of Dudleyville right on her ass!
- Back in the ring, Bubba Ray and D-Von double-teamed Spike relentlessly, until the runt of the Dudley litter was finally able to tag in Tazz!
- Soon all four men were in the ring, and Spike hit D-Von with the Dudley Dogg to pick up the pinfall win in this non-title affair!
- BACKSTAGE: Vince McMahon, Perry Saturn, Chad Patton.
- Vince stopped by Perry Saturn and referee Chad Patton to say hello.
- Vince told Patton to go find Ric Flair, and to tell Flair he hoped Flair wouldn't be upset about what Vince was about to say to the general public!
- IN THE RING: Vince McMahon & Ric Flair.
- Vince said he knew some fans had been upset with him about some of the things he'd done over the past year.
- But he said this was the holiday season, and as such, he was no different from the fans -- all filled with the holiday spirit!
- He said any forward-thinking individual was contemplating the new year, and making resolutions.
- Vince said he'd like to share with the fans his New Year's resolutions.
- But before he did so, he told the crowd to stop chanting "What?" after everything he said, and the crowd responded with a huge cry of "What?"!
- The crowd wouldn't stop chanting, so an outraged Mr. McMahon stormed away from the ringside area.
- As the crowd booed him, he marched back to the ring and got right back on with his monologue!
- He then said that his resolutions for 2002 were to be more tolerant of the mistakes of others, and to be more patient of the less intelligent, and to be more understanding of the financially challenged.
- He resolved to be more powerful -- and as he completed that thought, Ric Flair's music filled the arena!
- Flair walked to the ring to a huge ovation!
- Mr. McMahon stared at Flair in disdain as Flair told Vince to shut up!
- Flair said that on behalf of the entire wrestling world, one of the resolutions they'd like him to make is that he wouldn't come out week after week and continually make an ass of himself!
- Vince said he knew why Flair was out there to interrupt, and said that if Flair went too far, he would publicly embarrass him, knocking Flair on his ass in front of everyone at the arena!
- Flair responded by taking a moment to explain why he hadn't already knocked Vince on his ass.
- Flair told Vince that the reason he was so tolerant of Vince was because Vince knew his story.
- Flair talked about how he had problems in the NWA in 1988, and Vince had called him and said he wanted Flair in the Federation.
- Flair said he'd answered that he was NWA all the way, and had def ended the title the very next night.
- Soon after, Flair had called Vince, knowing he had nowhere to go.
- He said the NWA had killed his self-confidence, and wanted a chance to work for Vince, and Vince had said that if Flair had it, then bring it.
- The next month, Flair found himself at Survivor Series with Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Jake Roberts, and all the stars.
- He said Vince had made him part of the family, and it couldn't get any better.
- Then, Vince put Flair in the Royal Rumble, and Flair wrestled for one hour.
- And at the end of the hour, Flair was World Wrestling Federation Champion -- the most coveted title in sports.
- He said that every time he'd called the NWA Title the most coveted title in sports, he'd lied.
- Flair remembered walking into Vince's office with tears in his eyes after winning the Rumble and the Federation Championship, and thanking Vince.
- When it couldn't get any bigger, Vince put Flair in the main event at WrestleMania against Randy Savage.
- His parents, wife and children -- and 70,000 fans -- watched him, which Flair said was as high as you can get in life.
- He said he'd stayed that night until everyone was gone, and he walked down the hallway, ran into Vince, and Vince had asked to speak with Flair.
- He was expecting Vince to tell him he was the greatest wrestler of all time.
- But instead, Flair said, Vince had told him that every time Flair got close to greatness, Flair did something stupid and took a step backwards.
- So for all Vince had given him, Flair said Vince put him back on his feet with that one comment.
- Flair had just one question for Vince after all these years.
- Then, a red-faced Flair screamed at Vince -- "Who are you to tell me how to wrestle? I'm Ric Flair!"
- Flair took off his jacket and said Vince may be the greatest promoter ever, but he was never to talk down to Flair about wrestling!
- Flair said he was sick of Vince positioning himself like a god, because he wasn't.
- Flair said his own son had seen Vince on TV, and had told his dad how cool and how buff Vince was.
- Flair said, "What?"
- He asked Vince how he thought it made him feel to hear his kid tell him how buff Vince was.
- Flair said he'd gone though all the contracts, and happened to pull one out that said, "Vince McMahon, Owner-Wrestler."
- That meant that Vince was double-dipping, and also meant that Vince was going to wrestle at the Royal Rumble!
- Vince asked who would have the balls to step in the ring with him.
- Flair proclaimed that it would be the next guy who knocked Vince out -- and Flair then slugged his partner across the face, knocking him to the mat!
- Flair stood above Vince's prone body and proclaimed that the two of them would meet one-on-one at the Royal Rumble!
- EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH: Christian vs Rikishi.
- Rikishi had Christian set up for the Stink Face when Test walked down to the ring.
- Rikishi headed outside and started laying into Test with punches.
- Back in the ring, the referee counted Rikishi out, giving the win to Christian.
- Rikishi tossed Test into the ring steps, and then kicked Christian into the corner and gave the European Champion a Stink Face!
- After that, Test sneaked into the ring and kicked Rikishi right in the face!
- Christian followed up by giving Rikishi the Unprettier face-first into the European Title!
- BACKSTAGE: Lance Storm & Kurt Angle.
- Lance Storm was getting ready backstage when he was approached by Kurt Angle.
- Kurt said he was psyched to have Lance as a partner against The Rock and Rob Van Dam.
- Storm said he thought Rock and RVD were overrated, and Kurt agreed, saying that Storm was way more charismatic than RVD!
- He had Storm flash his award-winning smile, which Storm did!
- Storm then told Kurt that he was way cooler than Rock, and Kurt did a couple of dance moves for Storm!
- Kurt said they should go out and beat Rock and RVD so bad that they would be more useless than Grant Hill -the injured Orlando Magic star.
- LOCKER ROOM: Christian + Funaki.
- Christian was shown in his locker room, spitting into the sink and complaining he could still taste Rikishi's ass!
- He then noticed Funaki laughing at him, and confronted him.
- Christian said he had just beaten Rikishi, and asked when Funaki had ever had a win that big.
- Christian proclaimed that he was a virtual giant killer!
- As Christian walked away, Funaki called him a horse's ass!
- TAPED FOOTAGE: Chris Jericho.
- Footage was shown from earlier in the day of Undisputed Champion Chris Jericho lounging by a pool.
- Y2J said he had a special holiday message for all his fans.
- He said that even though Vince had given him the night off, he wouldn't dream about depriving the people of their Thursday-night dose of Y2J.
- Jericho said he'd gotten everything he wanted this holiday season, becoming the Undisputed Champion and a true living legend.
- He mocked people who call Flair a living legend, saying Flair had never won the Undisputed Championship, and that Flair had never beaten The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin on the same night.
- He also said Flair had never successfully def ended the Undisputed Championship against The Rock, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Big Show and RVD in a three-week period, as he had done.
- Y2J said he didn't call himself a living legend because it looks good on a T-shirt -- he did it because it was true!
- He said he was the only man in history to have won five different titles in the Federation.
- He said that meant he was better than all the rest, and that this was only the beginning.
- He then wished his fans a very happy holidays!
- TAG TEAM MATCH: Rock/RVD vs Kurt Angle/Lance Storm.
- The Rock hits Storm with a spinbuster and the people's elbow.
- The Rock pins Lance Storm after a long intense match!
- WOMANS TITLE MATCH: Trishi Stratus vs Mighty Molly.
- Trish finished Molly off by pinning her with a roll-up.
- After the bout, Jazz ran to the ring and attacked both women, leaving them both lying after DDTs!
- Jazz then held up Trish's Women's Title!
- BACKSTAGE: Vince McMahon & The Undertaker.
- Vince McMahon approached the Undertaker.
- Vince said he had a ton of respect for Taker, after what Taker had done to the Hardys and Lita.
- He said it took a man to do that.
- He said he knew he would have even more respect for Taker after what Taker was going to do to Tajiri on SmackDown!
- He warned Taker about Tajiri's girlfriend, Torrie Wilson.
- Vince said she could be intimidating, and Taker just laughed and walked out of the locker room!
- HARDCORE TITLE MATCH: The Undertaker vs Tajiri w/Torrie.
- Taker was about to powerbomb Tajiri onto the announcers' table, but Tajiri spat the mist right into Taker's face!
- Soon after, Taker hit Tajiri with a chokeslam, but picked him up off the mat as the ref was about to count to three!
- Taker talked some smack to Torrie, and locked Tajiri in a dragon sleeper, earning the submission.
- Taker kept the hold on after the bout, choking Tajiri to a state of near-unconsciousness.
- Suddenly, Big Show walked down to the ring.
- Taker let go of the hold and walked away, rather than face off with the Show.
- After the commercial break, Big Show was still in the ring, saying he was sick of seeing Taker pick on smaller people.
- He challenged Taker to come out and pick on him!
- Taker did indeed walk back to ringside, but instead of fighting Big Show, he simply got onto his motorcycle and drove away!
- Show said he couldn't believe Taker had put his tail between his legs and rode away!
- He said all Taker talked about was respect, and said he respected Taker, and that his New Year's resolution was to respectfully kick Taker's ass!
- BACKSTAGE: Stacy Keibler & Billy Gunn/Chuck Palumbo.
- Stacy Keibler was tying her shoe backstage when Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo walked up behind her.
- Billy said, "I need me some of that," and an offended Stacy turned around, only to have Billy grab her hair spray!
- Stacy told them to give it back, and Billy said she shouldn't be so high and mighty just because she was on her own calendar.
- Chuck said that if they were on a calendar, it would sell millions.
- Billy and Chuck then showed Stacy a couple of poses, before the Duchess of Dudleyville stormed off!
- Billy said she shouldn't be such a "Jealous Judy!"
- LOCKER ROOM: Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Stephanie McMahon.
- Ric Flair was in his locker room talking to his good friend Arn Anderson, and Arn said that fighting Vince would be no small deal.
- Flair said it had been building for months, and Arn said he was proud of Flair.
- There was then a knock at the door -- and it was Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley!
- Arn left the locker room, and Stephanie told Flair that she wanted to talk business.
- She made Flair a proposition -- she wanted Flair to hire her back, because she said she would be an asset to Flair in the fight against her father, saying no one knew Vince better than she did.
- Flair said he agreed, but with all that was going on, he wasn't hiring anyone, especially a McMahon!
- He told her not to take it personally.
- An angered Stephanie told Flair that he might be a good wrestler, but he was a stupid businessman!
- She said Flair had no chance without her.
- Stephanie said her husband was coming back on Jan. 7, and if he didn't hire her back, there would be some repercussions!
- She said if Flair didn't do business the right way, it would come back and bite him!
- Flair said he would give that some thought.
- IC TITLE MATCH: Edge vs Kane.
- During the bout, Kane's mask came loose.
- As the Big Red Machine struggled to put it back on, Edge speared him and pinned him for the win!
- BACKSTAGE: The Big Bossman & Booker T.
- The Big Boss Man asked Booker T if he thought Austin was surprised when Boss Man clocked him with a steel chair last week on SmackDown!
- Booker said that was sweet!
- Boss Man said Mr. McMahon was a genius for booking them against Stone Cold in a Handicap Match on SmackDown!
- Boss Man promised that when all was said and done, Austin would indeed be handicapped!
- Booker said it was time to get this sucka!
- MAIN EVENT HANDICAP MATCH: Steve Austin vs Booker T & Big Bossman.
- Booker and Boss Man double-teamed Austin from the opening bell, using the numbers game to their advantage.
- The two men methodically wore down the Rattlesnake.
- Austin looked to have the match won after a Stunner on Booker T, but Boss Man kicked Austin when the Rattlesnake went for the cover.
- Stone Cold responded with a low blow on Boss Man, and slugged him to the outside.
- Booker then hit Austin with a huge kick to the face, and pinned Stone Cold to win the bout!
- Booker and Boss Man celebrated their win as the final SmackDown! of 2001 went off the air!
- Goodnight Everybody......
Go Back To WWE History