RING OF HONOR WRESTLING RESULTS
Ring of Honor - Arena Warfare
March 11, 2006 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - ECW Arena
- TAG SCRAMBLE: Homicide & Ricky Reyes beat Ring Crew Express and Jason Blade & Kid Mikaze and The Briscoes..
- IN THE RING: BJ Whitmer called out CZW's Necro Butcher - but he didn't show up (crowd was pro-CZW)..
- MATCH: Roderick Strong def Jimmy Yang by Submission..
- IN THE RING: BJ Whitmer + Necro Butcher + Super Dragon..
- BJ Whitmer came out once more and called out CZW's Necro Butcher, who actually appeared this time..
- BJ Whitmer brawled with Necro Butcher for a few minuted until CZW's Super Dragon came out to help Butcher..
- Several ROH Students and members of the ROH roster ran down to make the save along with Mark & Jay Briscoe..
- MATCH: Austin Aries def Matt Sydal..
- After the match, The Briscoes attacked Austin Aries until Roderick Strong made the save..
- Matt Sydal challenged The Briscoe Brothers to a tag team match on ROH's 100th show..
- TAG MATCH: The Dempsey Brothers def Pelle Primeau & Shane Hagadorn (Not on DVD)..
- TAG MATCH: Irish Airborne (Jake & David Crist) def Salvatore Rinauro & Tony Mamaluke..
- The team of "Irish Airborne", Jake & David Crist are better by their other names -- Crazy J & Lotus..
- ROH TITLE MATCH: American Dragon def Alex Shelley w/Prince Nana to retain the ROH World title..
- Very bizzare atmosphere after both men cut extremely hot heel promos to make sure the crowd hated both of them...
- The crowd reacted by chanting "Boring!" throughout the match -- but both guys were still over with the audience..
- The crowd may have played along by hating both men but they did give a very warm standing ovation afterwards..
- MAIN EVENT - PART I: Colt Cabana def Christopher Daniels w/Allison Danger..
- Colt Cabana has a new entrance song with a special Ring of Honor theme --- nice vibe to it....
- This was scheduled and advertised as a 3-WAY including Samoa Joe, but Joe was late arriving to the show..
- Samoa Joe eventually showed up wearing street clothes and challenged the winner to a match right after..
- MAIN EVENT - PART II: Samoa Joe def Colt Cabana...
- Colt Cabana actually kicked out after a Muscle-buster AND reaches the ropes in the Kokina Clutch..
- Samoa Joe was surpised, but recovered enough to hit a second Muscle-buster to put Cabana away..
- EXTRA CIRRICULAR ACTIVITY: Ring of Honor vs Combat Zone..
- BJ Whitmer hit the ring and called out the Combat Zone Wrestling guys and engaged in a massive brawl!
- Necro Butcher & Super Dragon and some other CZW guys brawled with ROH's BJ Whitmer & Samoa Joe..
- Several ROH students as well as members of Generation Next showed up to give Ring of Honor the advantage..
- More CZW wrestlers showed up to join the battle and managed to get the vicious upper hand on Ring of Honor..
- Ruckus, Sabian & others paired off with Generation Next to set up a 6-MAN Tag for CZW's show later that day..
- Other CZW guys spotted: Sonjay Dutt, B-Boy, Jon Dahmer, Spyder Nate Webb, Maven Bentley, Blackout and others..
- The CZW roster, led by Ultraviolent promoter John Zandig, proceeded to give BJ Whitmer a beating gang-style..
- John Zandig, Lobo, Wifebeater, Justice Pain, Nick Gage and Super Dragon duct taped BJ Whitmer to the ropes..
- The CZW invaders brought their weapons with them, including a staple gun, barbed-wire bat, and weed whacker..
- John Zandig stapled BJ Whitmer's head and stomach and then spray painted the "CZW" on his back (nWo flashback)..
- The CZW invaders began destroying the Ring of Honor set including all the guard rail signs and banners..
- They went one step further and spray painted "CZW" over top of the ROH logo in the middle of the ring..
- Other CZW wrestlers involved in the destruction included: Wifebeater, Justice Pain, Nick Gage, Lobo. etc..
- About 20 CZW guys hung around the ring torturing BJ Whitmer and tormenting any fan who showed ROH support..
- John Zandig held a barbed wire bat to BJ Whitmer's head and demanded a microphone but the DVD ended...
- And that's a wrap..
| *** Official OWW.com ROH DVD Reviews by Brad Dykens ***|
March 11, 2006 - ARENA WARFARE - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
This DVD started with a promo by Christopher Daniels standing in front of the old Murphy Recreation Center. Daniels then hopped in a car and kept talking as he was driven several blocks to ECW Arena. It was really cool segment that conveyed the importance of doing a show in the world famous ECW Arena. This was part 1 of a double-shot, including a show later that day promoted by Combat Zone Wrestling in the same building.
A traditional ROH Tag Scramble kicked off the action with Homicide & Ricky Reyes having their hand raised after battling The Briscoe Brothers, The Ring Crew Express, and Kid Mikaze & Jason Blade. It was non-stop action from bell-to-bell and I really thought the Briscoes should have won – I would like to see a future match-up between the Briscoes and The Ring Crew Express. Blade & Mikaze also continue to impress me ( 7 / 10 ). BJ Whitmer showed up after the match and called out CZW’s Necro Butcher but he would not show his face.
Roderick Strong avoided def eat when he was matched with Jimmy Yang, who had previously enjoyed a 3-match winning streak ( 7 / 10 ). Strong solidified his position atop the ROH Top 5 Rankings and should get his shot at American Dragon very soon. BJ Whitmer showed up for the second time and this time Necro Butcher answered the call. He did not come alone, as CZW’s Super Dragon helped double-team Whitmer until the ROH roster showed up to chase Butcher & (Super) Dragon away. I hope they do a (Super) Dragon vs (American) Dragon match before this is all said and done.
Austin Aries and Matt Sydal continued to embrace the spirit of competition and had another incredible match together. Aries proved his superiority and Sydal was gracious in def eat as they shook hands after the match ( 8.5 / 10 ), only to be attacked by The Briscoe Brothers, bringing out Roderick Strong to make the save for his mates. Another fresh new tag team made its debut in the Ring of Honor; David & Jake Crist, collectively known as Irish Airborne made a huge splash by def eating former tag team champions Tony Mamaluke & Salvatore Rinauro ( 7.5 / 10 ) – these two guys are really good and I already want to see Irish Airborne vs Blade & Mikaze.
American Dragon faced off against The Embassy’s Alex Shelley. It was a bizarre scene to say the least – extremely hard to describe – and had to be seen to be believed. Both men played the role of heel and tormented the rabid audience before the match. The match itself was a beautiful work of art, but there was some “garbage wrestling fans” in the crowd who chanted “boring” at the participants. Alex Shelley was an incredible challenger to the ROH World title and put up a courageous fight but came up on the losing end, like so many others who tried before him ( 9 / 10 )
The scheduled “three way dance” between Colt Cabana, Chistopher Daniels and Samoa Joe had to be slightly modified due to Joe’s flight being delayed and not being at the building yet. Colt Cabana went at it 1-on-1 with Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe challenging the winner immediately after. Cabana and Daniels delivered a great match, but considering the participants, I expected a whole lot more – but I give them some slack for having to improvise ( 7 / 10 ). Cabana came out as the victor but fell short in a match with Samoa Joe in street clothes ( 7 / 10 ). The big story coming out of this match was Cabana somehow kicking out after a Muscle-buster from the Samoan. Joe’s celebration was cut short when he was struck in the stomach by a roll of toilet paper thrown by a young CZW fan. Joe quickly jumped out of the ring and grabbed the reasonably terrified young fan and hand-delivered him to security guards who dragged him out of the building. Then….. all hell broke loose!
BJ Whitmer came out again and asked Samoa Joe to join him in challenging CZW to a fight. CZW showed up in force to ignite a riotous brawl with ROH wrestlers all over the arena. As portions of the action spilled out onto the streets of Philadelphia, John Zandig assembled a group of the most malicious hardcore wrestlers (and I use that term loosely) in the history of wrestling (again, very loose) to duct tape BJ Whitmer to the ring ropes and torture him with barbed wire and a staple gun. The ring filled up with CZW wrestlers as they continued to assault Whitmer while demanding a live microphone. Jimmy Bower jumped on commentary and told the production crew to cut filming and fade to black………. [ To be continued….. ]
Final Thoughts: I have mixed feelings about this ROH vs CZW war. On one hand it is a brilliant storyline and very dramatic and fun to watch; On the other hand I have very little respect for several of the CZW idiots who were featured during this riot. At the risk of writing my own death certificate, Zandig, Wifebeater, Lobo, Necro Butcher, Nick Gage and Justice Pain have no business being in the wrestling business. They represent the things I hate most about wrestling and I think they are sick brainless pieces of crap. I don't see what ROH has to gain by working with garbage wrestlers from CZW, but it's easy see what CZW has to gain from it. If you would like to purchase this or any other ROH DVD, please check out ROHwrestling.com - Thank you!