RING OF HONOR WRESTLING RESULTS
Ring of Honor - Manhatten Mayhem
May 7, 2005 - New York City, New York
- TRIBUTE: They played "Back in Black" and then did a 10-bell salut for Chris Candido..
- IN THE RING: The Carnage Crew (Loc & DeVito) & The Ring Crew Express (Dunn & Marcos)..
- The Ring Crew express came out for their scheduled 3-WAY with Lacey's Angels and Azrieal/Dixie..
- The Carnage Crew came out from hiding under the ring and attacked and destroyed the Ring Crew Expres..
- The Carnage Crew piledrove Dunn off the apron through the ringside table to a huge "holy shit" chant!
- The Carnage Crew turned heel, claiming the fans didn't care that they were out of ROH for 90-days..
- TAG MATCH: Lacey's Angels (Izzy & Deranged w/Cheech & Cloudy) def Dixie & Azrieal..
- As stipulated, the losing team of Dixie and Azrieal are forced to split up..
- MATCH: Nigel McGuinness def "Classic" Colt Cabana..
- MATCH: James Gibson def Black Tiger IV (Rocky Romero) by Submission..
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Gary Michael Cappetta announced that Matt Hardy would debut with ROH on July 16 in New Haven..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs def Generation Next (Roderick Strong & Jack Evans) to retain..
- PURE TITLE MATCH: Samoa Joe def Jay Lethal to capture the Pure title!
- After the match, The Rottweilers (with new member Monsta Mack) ran in and attacked Samoa Joe & Jay Lethal..
- Low Ki returned to Ring of Honor from suspension (aka Japan) and challenged Joe & Lethal to a tag match later...
- MATCH: Fast Eddie Vegas def Davey Andrews..
- DOG COLLAR MATCH: Jimmy Rave w/Prince Nana def C.M. Punk (bloodbath)..
- C.M. Punk came out wearing a Chris Candido T-shirt to pay tribute to him..
- The Embassy ganged up on C.M. Punk until Colt Cabana, James Gibson, Azrieal and Dixie made the save!
- ROH TITLE MATCH: Austin Aries def Alex Shelley to retain..
- MAIN EVENT: The Rottweilers (Homicide & Low Ki) def Samoa Joe & Jay Lethal..
- The horrifying finish came when Homicide hit a sick Cop Killa on Lethal while Low Ki hit his top rope double stomp!
- Jay Lethal was fitted with a neck brace and stretchered out of the building..............
- And that's a wrap..