WWE RAW RESULTS
July 24, 2006|
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- INTERNET HEAT TAPINGS:
- Billy Kidman (wearing a mask) def Chad Wicks (Stripping Fireman Gimmick) in a dark match..
- Viscera & Charlie Haas def Michael Hunter & Chris Cronus..
- Eugene def Rob Conway..
- Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch def Val Venis & Gene Snitsky..
- Victoria def Torrie Wilson in a Divas match..
- IN THE RING: Shawn Michaels + Jonathan Coachman..
- Shawn Michaels came out and talked about a few weeks ago when they pulled a prank and said Stephanie went into labour..
- Shawn Michaels said that seems life imitates art because as they speak Stephanie was giving birth to her first child..
- Shawn Michaels said that her father, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, and her brother, Shane McMahon were by her side............
- Shawn Michaels said his partner-in-crime, Triple H, is in that same hospital, and suspects HHH knows who the father is..
- Shawn Michaels said that 1/2 of Degeneration-X was there and he was prepared to have twice the amount of fun....
- Jonathan Coachman came to the ring holding a cell phone talking to Vince McMahon and said HE was in charge of RAW...
- Shawn Michaels grabbed the phone and told Vince McMahon "Hey Cleveland's got two words for ya..." ---- "SUCK IT!!"
- Jonathan Coachman took the phone back and announced that Shawn Michaels would go 1-on-1 with him (The Coach) tonight!
- Shawn Michaels dropped to the floor and started literally rolling on the floor laughing his ass off.............
- TAG TITLE MATCH: The Spirit Squad (Kenny & Mikey) def The Highlanders (Rory & Robbie McAllistair)..
- The Spirit Squad members at ringside distracted the referee long enough for Kenny & Mikey to score the victory!
- PROMO VIA WWE HEADQUARTERS: Mick Foley..
- Mick Foley talked about Ric Flair calling him "Fat Boy" and said that only hurt when he was called that 30 years ago..
- Mick Foley asked what happened to the creative Ric Flair - and said Flair reduced himself to a second rate side-show..
- Mick Foley said Ric Flair is trying to lure Foley back into the ring, but nothing Flair does will get him a rematch..
- Mick Foley said Ric Flair took it out on a def enseless woman (Melina) so Foley is coming next week to confront Flair..
- THIS WEEK IN WRESTLING HISTORY: Ric flair vs Terry Funk at Great American Bash in 1989 for the NWA World title.
- What was interesting about this was it showed Gary Hart, The Great Muta, and Sting (portrayed as a charismatic hero)..
- IN THE RING: Ric Flair + Edge w/Lita..
- Ric Flair acknowledged the Funk/Flair video and commented about what he had done to Mick Foley's "hero"..
- Ric Flair proceeded to issue his challenge towards Mick Foley for a rematch anywhere, any place and any time..
- Edge w/Lita came out to the stage and said Mick Foley was right, Flair ain't the man any more, HE (Edge) is..
- Johnny Nitro jumped Ric Flair from behind and Edge joined in for a double-team until John Cena made the save..
- BACKSTAGE: Carlito Cool and Trish Stratus flirted and Carlito and decided to hang out after his match..
- BACKSTAGE: The Coach booked Edge & Johnny Nitro against Ric Flair & John Cena later tonight..
- ON STAGE: Todd Grisham announced that Stephanie gave birth to a girl Aurora Rose 8 pounds 7 ounces..
- #1 CONTENDERS MATCH: Shelton Benjamin def Carlito Cool..
- This is a rematch from last week, when Carlito Cool won, but Benjamin begged for a rematch cause Carlito cheated..
- After some fast-paced trickery from both men, Shelton Benjamin hit a low-blow and rolled Carlito up for the 1-2-3!
- IN THE RING: Hulk Hogan + Randy Orton...
- Hulk Hogan came out and milked the standing ovation for all its worth -- crowd wouldn't stop cheering for Hogan..
- Hulk Hogan said there was a lot of Hulkamaniac's in Cleveland and then talked about what happened with Randy Orton..
- Hulk Hogan said this wasn't the first time he had a go-around with the Orton family - remembering "Cowboy" Bob Orton..
- Hulk Hogan said he was going to teach Randy Orton what RESPECT means -- with a capital "R" - Orton then appeared..
- Randy Orton stood on the stage and said it was a shame Brooke was going to have to watch him destroy Hulkamania..
- Hulk Hogan challenged Randy Orton to come to the ring -- Orton walked to ringside and circles around the ring..
- Jerry Lawler got out of his seat and tossed Randy Orton into the ring, where Hulk Hogan landed several punches!
- Randy Orton bailed out and backed up the stage looking very frustracted by the power of Hulkamania!!!!!!!!
- WOMENS TITLE MATCH: Mickie James def Candice Michelle to retain..
- Candice Michelle did a high cross body but Mickie James rolled through and scored the 1-2-3 to win!
- MATCH: Shawn Michaels def Jonathan Coachman by Disqualification..
- Shawn Michaels wore a black leather bandana to similate Coach's bald heat but the announces didn't understand..
- Shawn Michaels was destroying The Coach when The Spirit Squad ran down and Michaels destroyed all of them too!
- Shawn Michaels hit Jonathan Coachman with the super-kick - but UMAGA showed up and assaulted Michaels from behind!
- The Spirit Squad tried to further attack Shawn Michaels, but Umaga chased them off so he could destroy Michaels!
- Umaga (accompanied by Armando Alejandro Estrada) finished off Shawn Michaels with the Samoan Spike!
- INTERVIEW: Maria Kanellis (who was very confused) & John Cena (asked if Maria ate paint chips as a kid)..
- DIVA SEARCH SEGMENT: The Miz announced the elimination of Maryse (The french one from NB, Canada)..
- MAIN EVENT: Ric Flair & John Cena def Edge w/Lita & Johnny Nitro w/Melina...
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History