WWE RAW RESULTS
May 15, 2006|
Lubbock, Texas - Texas Tech University
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- INTERNET HEAT TAPINGS:
- "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan def Rob Conway in a dark match..
- Carlito Cool def Russell Simpson (from OVW)..
- Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch def Charlie Haas & Viscera..
- The Highlanders (Robbie & Rory McAllistair) def ????? & ?????..
- WWE TITLE MATCH: John Cena vs Triple H..
- Triple H came down right away for his WWE championship match, but Vince McMahon interrupted before Cena's entrance..
- Vince McMahon said he was there to change tonight's main event to include Intercontinental Champion Rob Van Dam..
- Vince McMahon said it would be a 3-on-2 Handicap match, with Chris Masters & Shelton Benjamin teaming with HHH..
- Vince McMahon added that if either John Cena or Rob Van Dam was pinned, they would lose their respective title..
- TEXAS TORNADO HANDICAP MATCH: Triple H & Shelton Benjamin & Chris Masters def John Cena & Rob Van Dam..
- Triple H, Chris Masters and Shelton Benjamin eventually argued with eachother over who would score the pinfalls..
- Shelton Benjamin covered Rob Van Dam just as Triple H covered John Cena but the referee only counted for Shelton..
- Triple H got up and thought he won the WWE title, but when he found out he was wrong he Pedigreed the referee!
- Shelton Benjamin is your NEW WWE Intercontinental Champion!
- IN THE RING: Trish Stratus + Mickie James + Beth Phoenix..
- Trish Stratus came out with her arm in a sling and said that she had unfinished business with Mickie James..
- Mickie James and charged at Trish Stratus but the aggressive blonde returned and had a catfight with Mickie..
- Trish Stratus introduced the blonde as "Beth" (aka Beth Phoenix) and Beth called Mickie James a PSYCHO!
- Editor's Notes: I refuse to call divas by ONLY their first names so I will always refer to Beth as "Beth Phoenix"..
- THIS WEEK IN WRESTLING HISTORY: 1963, Bruno Sammartino def eating Buddy Rogers for the WWWF World Heavyweight title..
- BACKSTAGE: Triple H & Shane McMahon..
- Shane McMahon said he was there to collect Triple H's end of the bargin for Vince McMahon..
- Shane McMahon asked Triple H to be in Kenny Doane's corner in the main event against Shawn Michaels...
- Shane McMahon accidentally called Triple H "champ" and then realized what he said and said "sorry"..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: The Spirit Squad (Johnny Jeter & Nicky Nemeth) def Goldust & Gene Snitsky..
- Mikey Mondo bounced off the trampoline on the floor into the ring giving Gene Snitsky a flying bulldog!
- Mikey put Nicky on top of Gene Snitsky for the 1-2-3 to retain their World Tag Team titles!
- IN THE RING: Mick Foley + Terry Funk + Edge w/Lita..
- Mick Foley talked about turning on his long-time friend Tommy Dreamer last week and aligning with Edge & Lita..
- Mick Foley said "I'm Sorry", but continued by introducing his friend and mentor, Texas-legend Terry Funk!
- They showed clips of the Mick Foley & Terry Funk beating Roaddog & Billy Gunn in a Dumpster match years ago!
- Mick Foley tried to shake his mentor's hand, but Terry Funk refused to shake saying "Not so fast, Mick"..
- Terry Funk said he wanted to know why Mick Foley went as far as to humiliate Tommy Dreamer last week..
- Mick Foley said that he and Edge had the greatest Hardcore match of all time at WrestleMania 22 in Chicago..
- Mick Foley said he wasn't going to let a bunch of second rate ECW guys to come in and degrade what they did..
- Terry Funk said ECW was "Family" and Mick Foley was part of it, making both them part of the same family..
- Terry Funk said he and Mick Foley broke eachothers noses and fought in barbed wire and fire all the time..
- Terry Funk said Mick Foley was like a son to him and they hugged eachother as Mick had something to say..
- Mick Foley brought up the time in 2003 when he was honored as a Hardcore Legend and Terry Funk wasn't there..
- They fired several comments back and forth and Mick Foley said the WWE ring and WWE fans belonged to him..
- Mick Foley said when they bury Terry Funk he will go just so he can crawl over Funk's grave and spit on it!
- The comments turned to insults and slaps accross the face and Terry Funk called Mick Foley's wife a whore..
- Terry Funk said that the WWE sucks and Mick Foley attacked him and they brawled until Edge showed up!!!
- Terry Funk was holding his own against both Mick Foley and Edge but Lita showed up and gave Funk a low-blow!
- Mick Foley held up Terry Funk while Edge whacked him in the groin with a barbed wire baseball bat!
- Mick Foley pulled out Mr. Socko and gave Terry Funk the mandible claw and Edge speared Funk too!
- MATCH: Matt Striker def Eugene..
- Matt Striker came out and cut a heel promo on the Texas Tech fans calling them all immigrants..
- Eugene came down with a Texas Tech foam cowboy hat and the camera caught Striker cracking up at the sight..
- FEATURE: WWE continues to shove Kane's movie "See No Evil" down our throats...
- They showed a video package covering Kane's career, even when he had a mask, all the mosterous things he's done..
- INTERVIEW: Maria Kanellis & Carlito Cool..
- Maria didn't understand Carlito's new slogan "Do you Spit, or Swallow" (of course refering to apples)..
- Carlito Cool asked Maria is she spit or swallowed (apples) and Maria said "Duh! I swallow!"....
- BACKSTAGE: Vince McMahon & Candice Michelle + Triple H..
- Vince McMahon was (of course) making out with Candice Michelle when Triple H barged in not happy with Vince..
- Vince McMahon said he scratched Triple H's back earlier so now it's time for HHH to scratch his back too..
- Vince McMahon gave Triple H a sledgehammer and told him to bash in Shawn Michaels' head!
- SQUASH MATCH: Umaga w/Armando Alejandro Estrada def Chris Wellman..
- BACKSTAGE: The Spirit Squad did a cheer to suck up to referee Shane McMahon..
- MAIN EVENT: Shawn Michaels vs Kenny Doane w/Triple H with Shane McMahon as referee..
- Kenny Doane and Shane McMahon constantly cheated as Triple H stood by and quietly watched at ringside..
- Shane McMahon gave Shawn Michaels three inverted back-breakers and invited Triple H into the ring next..
- Triple H looked around and approached Shawn Michaels with the sledgehammer but accidentally hit Shane McMahon!
- Triple H stood over Shane McMahon's body as Vince McMahon came down yelling for the training to come down..
- Triple H backed up towards the ramp as Vince McMahon (emotionally) cradled Shane McMahon in the ring..
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History