WWE RAW RESULTS
May 8, 2006|
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- INTERNET HEAT TAPINGS:
- Trevor Murdoch def Goldust..
- Eugene def Tully Drake..
- Rob Conway & Victoria def Viscera & Torrie Wilson..
- Gene Snitsky def Lance Cade by Disqualification..
- RINGSIDE: Jerry "The King" Lawler welcomes Jim Ross back to the job..
- IN THE RING: Triple H..
- Triple H came out and said he didn't come to referee any matches tonight, he came for the WWE Championship..
- Triple H said he has beaten everybody in this arena (The Pond) and called out John Cena to give him the WWE title..
- John Cena said Triple H has 10 Championships but the Yankees have 27, and they don't get a pass into the World Series..
- John Cena said everybody respects Triple H for what he's done but the WWE title all about what somebody has done lately..
- John Cena pointed out that Triple H has done a lot of tapping out and getting pinned in the last two or three months..
- John Cena then challenged Triple H to a match for the WWE title NOW and Triple H called for a referee to come out..
- Vince McMahon showed up and got between the two men and said the WWE Title match wouldn't happen tonight..
- Triple H said he wins championships and makes a lot of money for Vince - but Vince told him to "SHUT UP!"
- Vince McMahon said nobody is allowed to call him "Vince" and nobody tells him what to do because he is the BOSS!
- Vince McMahon said Triple H will get his Championship match, but not tonight, and gave him the night off..
- Vince McMahon said John Cena won't get the night off and books John Cena & Shawn Michaels vs The Spirit Squad..
- IN THE RING: Rob Van Dam..
- Rob Van Dam said what happened with Joey Styles was a bunch of crap, and for the record he agrees with everything!
- Rob Van Dam said he and Joey Styles share the same opinions and he respect that Joey had the balls to say them..
- Rob Van Dam encouraged the fans to chant ECW to honor the spirit of Joey Styles -- ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW!
- IC TITLE 4-WAY: Rob Van Dam def Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas and Chris Masters to retain..
- The rules of this match is that all four men will be in the ring with the first man scoring a pin wins the IC title..
- Chris Masters had the Masterlock on Charlie Haas when Rob Van Dam sunset flipped him into a 1-2-3 to win the match!
- INTERVIEW: Todd Grisham & Three of Kane's Co-Stars + Kane..
- They showed a video of Kane's "See No Evil" co-stars talking about him being difficult to work with..
- The co-stars agreed that Kane was miserable on the set and difficult to work with and he didn't make any friends..
- Kane showed up and choked the male actor when he said "May 19" as the women screamed (Bad acting for professionals)..
- MATCH: Matt Striker def Carlito Cool by Disqualfication..
- Eugene ran in during the match and attacked Matt Striker, until Carlito pulled Eugene off and scolded him!
- Matt Striker got up and gave Eugene a jaw-breaker.... then Carlito knocked out Matt Striker and helped Eugene..
- Carlito Cool helped Eugene get to his feet and then gave him a stiff back-cracker to teach him a lesson!
- HARDCORE 3-WAY: Edge w/Lita vs Mick Foley vs Tommy Dreamer..
- Mick Foley came out and said they cannot have a Hardcore match without including the initials E.C.W.!
- Mick Foley said he could chose the type of match, so he made it a 3-WAY match including Tommy Dreamer!
- The 3-WAY match got started and Mick Foley leveled Tommy Dreamer with a barbed wire baseball bat!
- Mick Foley then gave the barbed wire baseball bat to Edge and Edge gave Tommy Dreamer a shot with it!
- Mick Foley & Edge w/Lita then worked together to destroy and bloody Tommy Dreamer in the ring..
- Mick Foley then gave the Mr. Socko claw to Tommy Dreamer and Edge speared Dreamer to the mat!
- Mick Foley pinned Tommy Dreamer to win the match and shook Edge's hand and kissed Lita's hand!!!
- WOMENS TITLE MATCH: Mickie James def Maria Kanellis w/Trish Stratus..
- After the match, Trish Stratus started punching Mickie with her good arm, but Mickie fought back quickly..
- Suddenly a blonde fan (played by Beth Pheonix) jumped in the ring and tried to tackle Mickie James..
- The referee and two security guards quickly jumped on the blonde as Mickie James bailed out of the ring..
- Mickie James looked on and yelled "What are you doing here?" as the blonde was detained by security..
- HANDICAP MATCH: Umaga w/Armando Alejandro Estrada def Tommy Martin & Kevin Martinson..
- GIANT GRUDGE MATCH: The Big Show vs Kane ended in a No Contest..
- The match started with a handshake and signs of sportsmanship with a little scientific wrestling (yes, you heard me)..
- After a few minutes of this, voices came over the sound system, and Kane snapped and destroyed Big Show with a chair!
- BACKSTAGE: The Spirit Squad..
- Kenny Doane said that he wants to be the one to pin Shawn Michaels so that leaves John Cena for the other four...
- HANDICAP MATCH: The Spirit Squad (Kenny & Mikey & Nicky & Johnny & Mitch) def Shawn Michaels & John Cena..
- Kenny Doane scored the pin on Shawn Michaels and then punched out the referee!
- Kenny Doane then got a belt and started whipping Shawn Michaels while the rest of the Spirit Squad cheered..
- Triple H came down while John Cena knocked the Spirit Squad out of the ring. Triple H pedigreed John Cena!
- Triple H acknowledged the crowd and then stood over John Cena and gave him the old DX Crotch Chop!
- BONUS CAGE MATCH: John Cena def Triple H and Edge w/Lita to retain the WWE title..
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History