WWE RAW RESULTS
January 30, 2006|
Orlando, Florida - TD Waterhouse
Announcers: Joey Styles & Jerry Lawler & The Coach
- INTERNET HEAT TAPINGS:
- BACKSTAGE: Edge & Lita..
- Edge said John Cena's victory at Royal Rumble was a fluke and said he will evolk his rematch clause tonight!
- Edge said he will not be remembered as a transitional champion and will take back what is rightfully his!
- IN THE RING: Vince McMahon + Shawn Michaels + Shane McMahon..
- Vince McMahon said he gauranteed that Shawn Michaels luck would run out at Royal Rumble, and it certainly did!
- Vince McMahon said that what's the sense of having power if you can't go ahead and abuse it?
- Shawn Michaels came down and said he wanted to kick Vince McMahon's teeth down his throat..
- Shawn Michaels said he knows if he did that, Vince "Mr. Zero Tolorance" McMahon would fire him..
- Shawn Michaels said maybe he should do the good christian thing and turn the other cheek and just quit..
- Shawn Michaels said if he did that, he knew that Vince McMahon would just sue him for breach of contract..
- Shawn Michaels said his 3rd option was to turn back the clock and become the old Shawn Michaels again..
- Shawn Michaels said he loved his wife and children too much so that is never EVER going to happen..
- Vince McMahon said if that's the case then Shawn Michaels is screwed way more than Bret Hart was screwed..
- Shawn Michaels proposed a 1-on-1 match between himself and Vince McMahon -- presumably at Wrestlemania 22..
- Vince McMahon said he's not afraid of anybody and says "No Chance in Hell!" and says it will be on his terms..
- Vince McMahon then invited Shawn Michaels to commit career suicide and challenged him to hit him in the face..
- Shane McMahon snuck in from behind and smashed a steel chair accross the back of Shawn Michaels..
- INTERVIEW: Todd Grisham & Vince McMahon & Shane Mcmahon..
- Shane McMahon said nobody disrespects the McMahon Family..
- Shane McMahon said Bret Hart learned that lesson, Steve Austin learned it, and now Shawn Michaels learned it!
- MATCH: Rob Van Dam def Gene Snitsky with the Five Star Frog Splash..
- BACKSTAGE: Shelton Benjamin & Shelton Benjamin's Mama + Goldust..
- Shelton Benjamin's Mama was yelling at Shelton Benjamin until he left the room..
- Shelton Benjamin's Mama said she wanted a shoulder rub so Goldust showed up and started rubbing her shoulders..
- Shelton Benjamin's Mama freaked out and called for Shelton as Goldust did his "You'll never forget" speech..
- INTERVIEW: Maria Kanellis & Triple H..
- Maria Kanellis said Triple H came close to winning the Royal Rumble until Rey Mysterio eliminated him..
- Triple H said he heard the theory that it was Eddie Guerrero's divine intervention that guided Rey Mysterio..
- Triple H said not even Eddie Guerrero could pull off something like that, and then challenges Chavo Guerrero..
- Triple H told Chavo Guerrero to pray for uncle Eddie Guerrero's help, because he's going to need it..
- Editor's Note: If I didn't know better, I'd think they were setting up a Mania match between HHH and Eddie..
- MATCH: Triple H def Chavo Guerrero with the Pedigree..
- BACKSTAGE: Chris Masters & Carlito Cool..
- Carlito Cool complained about Shaquille O'Neal whacking him with a steel chair from behind..
- Carlito Cool told Chris Masters that they would become Tag Team Champions -- but Masters was ignoring him..
- Carlito Cool asked if it was because he eliminated him from the Rumble AND the Elimination Chamber?
- Carlito Cool said that that was every-man-for-himself but tonight they are a team - so we're cool..
- Chris Masters then gave Carlito Cool a stiff slap to the face and said "Now... we're cool!"..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: The Big Show & Kane def Chris Masters & Carlito Cool to retain..
- Chris Masters got some great offense in, but was eventually double choke-slammed and pinned..
- INTERVIEW: Maria Kanellis & Rob Van Dam..
- Rob Van Dam said he's nobodys stepping stone -- he's ROB -- VAN -- DAM!
- INTERVIEW: Todd Grisham & Mickie James..
- Mickie James said throughout history we have celebrated women, and tonight she will celebrate Trish Stratus!
- Mickie James said it was hard to tell Trish that she loved her, and Trish proved last night that she loved her too!
- MATCH: Shelton Benjamin w/Shelton Benjamin's Mama def Goldust..
- Shelton Benjamin's Mama was rolled down in a wheel chair and cheered for her son from ringside..
- Backstage, Shelton Banjamin's Mama went into the bathroom and Shelton spotted Ric Flair flirting with divas..
- Shelton Benjamin greeted Ric Flair and informed him that he had his confidence back and wanted his IC title back..
- Ric Flair said getting his confidence back was good, but he shouldn't mess with the Nature Boy..
- Ric Flair called Shelton Benjamin a Mamas Boy and walked off shouting WOOOOOO!!!
- CELEBRATION OF TRISH STRATUS: Mickie James + Trish Stratus + Ashley Massaro..
- Mickie James said she finally got to profess her love to Trish Stratus, and Trish proved her love too.
- Mickie James introduced (more like screamed) Trish Stratus as balloons and confetti fell from the ceiling..
- Trish Stratus said she didn't come down to be apart of a celebration, but to set the record straight..
- The Spirit Squad then came out and performed a specially produced cheer dedicated to Trish Stratus..
- Mickie James kept pushing Trish Stratus, trying to convince her to say the words "I love you, too"..
- Ashley Massaro cameout and said if Trish doesn't put Mickie in her place, then she'll do it for her..
- Ashley Massaro told Mickie James that Trish doesn't love her, but Trish thinks Mickie is a PSYCHO!
- Ashley Massaro asked the live crowd what they thought and a loud "She's a Psycho!" chant erupted..
- Trish Stratus said Mickie James was a "special woman" and Mickie James freaked out and went to leave..
- Mickie James came back and tackled Ashley | Ashley took the advantage | Trish pulled Ashley off of her..
- Trish Stratus was holding Ashley Massaro back, and Mickie James delivered a stiff spin kick to her head!
- Mickie James grabbed the microphone and screamed that she knew Trish cared about her!
- WWE TITLE MATCH: John Cena def Edge w/Lita by DQ to retain..
- Late in the match, Lita interfered right in front of the referee causing the disqualification..
- The replay revealed that Lita actually hit Edge with the WWE title belt - "what the hell is going on?"
- Editor's Note: This was either a severely botched finish or WWE creative is brewing something interesting..
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History