WWE RAW RESULTS
January 16, 2006|
Raleigh, North Carolina
Announcers: Joey Styles & Jerry Lawler & The Coach
- INTERNET HEAT TAPINGS:
- Team Spirit (Ken Doane & Mike Mondo) def Mike Mizanin & Chris Cage in a dark match..
- Trevor Murdoch def Heart Throb Antonio in a Royal Rumble Qualifying match..
- Matt Striker cut some mic time to progress his character..
- Rob Conway def Mike Youngblood..
- Viscera won a Battle Royal (Included: Lance Cade, Gregory Helms & Tyson Tomko) in a Royal Rumble Qualifying match..
- Gene Snitsky def Val Venis..
- IN THE RING: Edge w/Lita + Kurt Angle w/Daivari + Vince McMahon..
- Edge came out and bragged about being the "Rated R Superstar" and told the fans to get used to it..
- Edge said that the Live Sex Celebration last week was the highest rated ending in the history of RAW..
- Edge said he wanted Lita to finish him off and have live uninterrupted SEX live on the air.....
- Edge sat down on a chair and Lita gave him a lap dance before World Champion Kurt Angle came down..
- Kurt Angle said the fans weren't chanting "You Suck" at him, they were chanting "You Suck" at Lita..
- Kurt Angle said he was a real Champion and never takes the easy way out (citing Edge cashing in)..
- Kurt Angle said that his RAW contract expired and he saw an opportunity to win Smackdown!'s World title..
- Edge said that Kurt Angle signed with SD! because he failed to beat John Cena trying for four months..
- Kurt Angle challenged Edge to a Unification match right then and there but Edge declined the request..
- Edge said that Kurt Angle is the Champion of a second-rate show and they started to fight eachother..
- Vince McMahon came down and got between them and reminded them of their respective matches tonight..
- Vince McMahon said if Shawn Michaels loses his match with Kurt Angle, his contract will be terminated!
- NON (WORLD) TITLE MATCH: Kurt Angle w/Daivari vs Shawn Michaels..
- Daivari botched his interference and cost Kurt Angle the match, giving Shawn Michaels the victory!
- Kurt Angle confronted Daivari after the match and Daivari said "You're still the Champion because of me!"
- Kurt Angle attacked Daivari and gave him an Angleslam and walked away with his World title belt..
- During a WWE.com Exclusive: Kurt Angle announced that Daivari's managerial services are no longer needed!
- INTERVIEW: Maria Kanellis & Chris Masters..
- Maria Kanellis asked Chris Masters about Carlito Cool double-crossing him in the Elimination Chamber..
- Maria Kanellis asked Chris Masters if he thinks he can make John Cena give up to the Masterlock?
- Chris Masters cut a promo that barely had anything to do with either of Maria's questions..
- BACKSTAGE: Trish Stratus & Ashley Massaro + Mickie James..
- Ashley Massaro said she trusts Trish but after last week she does not trust Mickie James..
- Trish Stratus vouged for Mickie James and said she'd be there for them against the "3 Skankateers"..
- Mickie James showed up and whined and apologized to Ashley Massaro, who accepted the apology..
- Mickie James snapped out of it and said "We're a team, right?" and slapped Trish Status' butt!
- MASTERLOCK CHALLENGE: "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters vs John Cena..
- Chris Masters put John Cena in the Masterlock and Cena fought to get out of it..
- Edge ran down and waved the WWE belt in John Cena's face and then whacked him in the head with it!
- Edge & Lita retreated as John Cena regained conciousness and was bleeding from the forehead!
- BACKSTAGE: Vince McMahon & Shawn Michaels + Ric Flair + Candice Michelle..
- Vince McMahon promised and guaranteed that Shawn Michaels' luck would run out soon..
- Vince McMahon then approached Ric Flair and said Flair could make history tonight in "Flair country"..
- Vince McMahon, in moching fasion, said Ric Flair can become a 17-time World Heavyweight Champion..
- Candice Michelle showed up and flirted with Vince McMahon and asked Vince to watch her match NEXT..
- Vince "I Write My Own Scripts, Thank You" then made Candice Michelle do her GoDaddy dance..
- SIX DIVA TAG: Trish Stratus & Ashley Massaro & Mickie James vs Victoria & Candice Michelle & Torrie Wilson..
- Mickie James pushed Ashley Massaro out of the way so she could be next to Trish on the entrance..
- Ashley Massaro accidentally knocked Mickie James off the apron, so Mickie James attacked her!
- Trish Stratus confronted Mickie James about it, while Victoria pinned Ashley Massaro in the ring..
- Trish Stratus jumped into the ring to console Ashley Massaro while Mickie James looked on from outside..
- Editor's Note: Torrie Wilson & Candice Michelle didn't even get into the match --- worthless!
- IN THE RING: Carlito Cool + Kane..
- Coming off commercial, a Rob Van Dam video played, hyping RVD's return to action at Royal Rumble..
- Carlito Cool was in the ring and showed the video of him attacking RVD's knee several months ago..
- Carlito Cool said that there's nobody on RAW or Smackdown! who can throw him over the top rope..
- Kane hit the ring and attacked Carlito Cool and gorilla press slammed Carlito over the top rope!
- BACKSTAGE: Vince McMahon + Mrs. Benjamin & Shelton Benjamin..
- Vince McMahon was in his office, expecting the arrival of Candice Michelle at any time..
- Vince McMahon took off his tie and unbuttoned his shirt as there was a knock at the door..
- Vince McMahon started talking dirty and turned around only to find Mrs. Benjamin standing there!
- Mrs. Benjamin got out her dollar bills, and then asked why Shelton Benjamin wasn't booked tonight..
- Vince McMahon agreed to put Shelton Benjamin into a match against suitable competition..
- Shelton Benjamin went to prepare and Mrs. Benjamin stayed back to seduce Mr. McMahon..
- MATCH: Shelton Benjamin w/Mrs. Benjamin vs .... The Big Show!
- Shelton Benjamin's Mama was very freaked out by the size of The Big Show...........
- Triple H showed shortly and brawled with The Big Show causing him to get counted out!
- TLC WWE TITLE MATCH: Edge w/Lita vs Ric Flair..
- Ric Flair's very attractive daughter, Ashley, was shown in the front row cheering for her daddy..
- Edge was setting up for some kind of move on the announce table and stepped on Jerry Lawler's computer!
- Lita got involved to save Edge, and Ric Flair ended up on a table on the ringside floor....
- Edge set up a 10-foot ladder inside the ring and jumped off and crashed through the Table!!!
- Edge rolled off of the bloodied Ric Flair, as Ashley screamed and cried from the safety barrier..
- Ric Flair somehow got up and back into the ring with a "perverbial" crimson mask all over his head..
- Ric Flair sandwiched Edge between the ladder and smashed it with a chair and taunted Lita with a wooo!
- Ric Flair then smashed the chair over Edge's head and drapped the ladder over and and smashed it repeatedly!
- Ric Flair set up the ladder in the corner and climbed up to the top but Edge climbed the other side..
- Ric Flair exchanged punches with Edge at the top of the ladder before Edge superplexed Flair to the mat!!!!
- Edge then climbed the ladder and hit a weak missile dropkick, causing Ric Flair to do the "Flair flop"..
- Edge swung a chair at RIc Flair, who instinctively blocked it with his arm and bailed out of the ring..
- Edge climbed the ladder but Ric Flair came back and tipped the ladder over sending Edge to the floor through a table!
- Ric Flair then climbed the ladder and had his hand on the belt but Lita pulled Ric Flair down to the mat!
- Ric Flair pushed Lita down and put her in the figure four leglock and then climbed the ladder again.....
- Ric Flair slowly crawled up the ladder, but Edge recovered and climbed up the other side and met him at the top..
- Edge punched away at Ric Flair, who fell off the ladder, and Edge reclaimed the WWE championship belt........
- Edge added insult to injury but delivering a spear to Ric Flair and set up for the 1-man conchairto...
- John Cena thankfully ran down to make the save and brawled with Edge & Lita, who both escaped with their lives..
- Editor's Note: Ric Flair is the TRUE Immortal of Professional Wrestling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History