WWE RAW RESULTS
January 2, 2006|
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Announcers: Joey Styles & Jerry Lawler & The Coach
- INTERNET HEAT TAPINGS:
- Chavo Guerrero def Mike Mondo..
- Gene Snitsky def Val Venis..
- The Heart Throbs def Fred Sampson & Scotty Charisma..
- ~~~~Trinity & Talia were "planted" in the front row to dance with the Throbs after the match..
- Matt Striker cut another one of his arrogant educational promos..
- Viscera def Tyson Tomko..
- IN THE RING: Vince McMahon..
- Vince McMahon said he now has a Zero-tolorance policy and won't take any crap from anybody ever again!
- Vince McMahon said he should have spit in Shawn Michaels' face and fired him on the spot last week!
- Vince McMahon said he has always done everything for the fans but now he will do everything he wants..
- MATCH: Shawn Michaels vs Kane..
- Vince McMahon ordered that if Shawn Michaels uses the Superkick in the match he will be Disqualified..
- Vince McMahon made the match "for his personal amusement" and sat at ringside with a silly grin on his face..
- Shawn Michaels was setting up for the Superkick, but Vince McMahon threatened to take him out of the Chamber match!
- Kane capitolized on Shawn Michaels' being distracted and hit a choke slam and pinned him to win the match!
- Vince McMahon walked up the stage flexing his muscles and whispered something into Todd Grisham's ear..
- Todd Grisham informed Shawn Michaels that he would be the #1 entrant into the Elimination Chamber..
- IN THE RING: Gregory Helms + Jerry "The King" Lawler..
- WWE.com promo: Gregory Helms blamed Jerry "The King" Lawler for being held back on RAW lately..
- Gregory Helms came out to the ring and said Jerry Lawler was making jokes and hiding behind the microphone..
- Jerry Lawler came in and said when Gregory Helms was the Hurricane, he was at least HALF entertaining..
- Gregory Helms slapped Jerry Lawler, who fought back, and Helms bailed out of the ring..
- Jerry Lawler challenged Gregory Helms to a match at New Year's Revolution..
- BACKSTAGE: Vince McMahon & Mickie James + Kurt Angle & Daivari..
- Kurt Angle & Daivari burst in on Vince's Diva-time and complained about Mike Chioda being biased..
- Vince McMahon said he doesn't care who bleeds as long as either Angle or Cena bleeds profusely..
- Kurt Angle said he agrees with Vince's Zero-tolorance policy and he's not going to take crap either..
- INTERVIEW: Todd Grisham & Trish Stratus..
- Todd Grisham asked Trish Stratus about Mickie James kissing her last week..
- Trish Stratus blew off the question and said she was just focusing on the title def ense..
- IN THE RING: Maria Kanellis + Victoria & Torrie Wilson & Candice Michelle..
- Maria Kanellis was in the ring hosting a kiss cam session (cam focuses on couples and they kiss)..
- Victoria (in a neck brace) & Torrie Wilson & Candice Michelle came out and bullied and beat up Maria!
- Vicoria was in a neck brace from her match with Carlito Cool the week before -- the match is on!
- DIVAS MATCH: Maria Kanellis def Victoria..
- Victoria got over-confident and Maria Kanellis somehow managed to score the pinfall on her!
- After the match, Torrie Wilson & Candice Michelle held Maria while Victoria ripped Maria's clothes off!
- Ashley Massaro ran down and tried to make the save but got Double DDT'd by Torrie & Candice..
- On WWE.com, Vince McMahon set up the first ever Bra & Panties Gauntlet match at New Year's Revolution..
- BACKSTAGE: Mickie James & Trish Stratus..
- Mickie James cornered Trish Stratus in the shower and said she was sorry for what she did..
- Mickie James held the towel up for Trish Stratus and complimented her "Wow, nice boobs..."..
- ON STAGE: Edge & Lita + Ric Flair..
- Edge said a lot of people have given him a flack for giving the legendary Ric Flair a hard time..
- Edge showed "home video" footage of Ric Flair, that was actually Edge dressed at The Nature Boy..
- In the video, Edge (as Ric Flair) was driving on the highway and went crazy when someone cut him off..
- Edge (as Ric Flair) jumped out of the car and harassed the other drive and pulled him out and attacked him!
- Edge (as Ric Flair) chopped the poor guy and put him in the figure-four right there on the Interstate!
- Back live in the arena, Edge & Lita said that the people are laughing at Ric Flair's life..
- Edge said Ric Flair's life is going to become a living hell even more than it is now......
- Ric Flair showed up and brawls with Edge down the ramp and into the ring and went back-and-forth..
- Ric Flair tried to get Edge in the Figure-four, but Lita jumped on Flair's back..
- Edge bailed out and ran up the ramp, leaving Ric Flair to put Lita in the Figure-four!
- Edge, after a delay, ran back and pulled Lita out of the ring to safety..
- Editor's Note: The guy that Edge beat up was Rob Eckos..
- MATCH: Chris Masters def Shelton Benjamin by Submission..
- IN THE RING: Triple H + The Big Show..
- Triple H came out to the same boring entrance that he's done since his return in January of 2002..
- Typical Triple H promo, saying the same things that he's always said but insert Big Show's name..
- Oh yeah and it lasted about fifteen minutes -- meanwhile a dozen or so wrestlers sat backstage..
- The Big Show eventually showed up with a thick cast on his hand and Triple H laughed at him..
- The Big Show walked over and punched a steel chair out of Triple H's hand and then smashed a monitor..
- Triple H scurried around and backed up the stage, realizing he has now given The Big Show a weapon!
- Joey Styles said that Triple H has given The Big Show his own personal sledgehammer (the cast)..
- BACKSTAGE: Shelton Benjamin's Mama showed up and yelled at Shelton Benjamin for going soft lately..
- Mama was played by a somewhat well-known comedian/actress, Thea Vidale, who starred in a 1993 TV Show "Thea".
- FIRST BLOOD MATCH: John Cena vs Kurt Angle w/Daivari..
- The referee was knocked out and John Cena got a cut on his head and blood poured down over his face!
- John Cena put Kurt Angle in the STF-U as the referee crawled over and saw John Cena's head bleeding..
- The referee awarded the match to Kurt Angle, even though he was tapping out to the STF-U..
- Chris Masters & Carlito Cool ran down and attacked John Cena along with Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle put the Anklelock on John Cena, but then Chris Masters put Kurt Angle in the Masterlock!
- Carlito Cool started punching and kicking Daivari | Kane appeared and attacked Chris Masters!
- Shawn Michaels showed up and superkicked Kane! | John Cena stumbled to his feet and gave Michaels an F-U!!
- BONUS MATCH: John Cena def Kurt Angle and Triple H in a 3-WAY to retain the WWE Title..
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History