WWE RAW RESULTS
January 10, 2005|
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- HEAT TAPINGS:
- Chris Masters (whose first vignette played on RAW) def Steve Madison -dark match-..
- Tajiri def Stevie Richards..
- Sylvain Grenier def Val Venis with help from Rob Conway..
- Trish Stratus def Molly Holly to retain the Woman's title..
- IN THE RING: Triple H & Ric Flair + Batista + Randy Orton + Eric Bischoff..
- Triple H comes out with his newly won World title after winning the Elimination Chamber at New Year's Revolution..
- Triple H tells everybody to make all the excuses they want -- politics -- favourtism -- whatever -- the truth hurts!
- Triple H says there isn't a man on god's green earth who can do what he does in the wrestling ring..
- Triple H says he beat five of the greatest wrestlers ever and now he stands there as World champion for the 10th time!
- Triple H brags about having a best selling book (yeah right) best selling movie (not!) and now another World title..
- Ric Flair says that Triple H prooved that he's the MAN, and ultimately he has to have the fans' respect..
- Triple H says he never cared and remarks that each and every fan is useless..
- Triple H says there is one man who isn't useless, and is an ultimate team player ----- Batista!!!!
- Batista came out in a suit and had his arm raised by Triple H, followed by Randy Orton coming out to the stage..
- Randy Orton says it's obvious Batista has HHH's back, but it's also obvious that HHH doesn't have Batista's back..
- Randy Orton shows footage from the Elimination Chamber when Triple H stood and watched as Batista got pinned..
- Batista stares Triple H eye-to-eye with an angry look on his face as Triple H tries to talk his way out of it..
- Randy Orton says Ric Flair was giving HHH the thumbs up last night, but warns Batista that it will soon be thumbs down!
- Randy Orton tells Triple H to listen and DEMANDS a rematch tonight for the World Heavyweight title..
- Eric Bischoff came out to the stage and agrees that Randy Orton deserves a rematch for the World title..
- Eric Bischoff adds that he also thinks Batista deserves a shot at the World Heavyweight title..
- Eric Bischoff books Batista vs Randy Orton in a #1 Contenders Match TONIGHT!
- ROYAL RUMBLE QUALIFYING MATCH: Shelton Benjamin def Maven..
- MATCH: Muhammad Hassan w/Khosrow Daivari vs The Hurricane w/Rosey..
- Muhammad Hassan & Khosrow Daivari come down and cut a breif anti-American promo before being cut off..
- Muhammad Hassan won the match quickly and was joined by Khosrow Daivari in taunting JR & The King..
- BACKSTAGE: Triple H & Batista..
- Triple H tells Batista that he does deserve a title shot, and people always get what they deserve..
- Batista pats Triple H on the shoulder and says he's right, everybody eventually gets what they deserve..
- ROYAL RUMBLE QUALIFYING MATCH: Edge def Rhyno..
- IN THE RING: Edge + Shawn Michaels..
- After the match, Edge complained about Shawn Michaels screwing him and challenged him to come to the ring!
- After the commercial, Edge calls out Michaels again, saying he wouldn't come out unless the cameras were on..
- Edge talks about getting screwed at Taboo Tuesday by Shawn Michaels, then AGAIN at New Year's Revolution..
- After a few minutes, Shawn Michaels finally came out to try to set Edge straight..
- Shawn Michaels reminded everyone that he won the Royal Rumble twice..
- Edge attacked Shawn Michaels and they brawled until referees and officials seperated them..
- IN THE RING: Simon Dean + Kane + Gene Snitsky..
- Simon Dean says that the Florida population resembles a herd of beached whales..
- Simon Dean says he doesn't have enough Simon System Powder for everyone, but one free sample for Rosey!
- Kane's pyro hit and Kane came out to the ring and looked down at a cowering Simon Dean..
- Kane took the pills from Simon Dean and tasted it, but then got a scorl on his face from the aftertaste!
- Kane then forced Simon Dean to taste a handful of the pills and then beat him up a little bit..
- Kane attemped to chokeslam Simon Death but Gene Snitsky smashed Kane with a chair from behind!
- Gene Snitsky started whipping Kane with Simon Dean's weight belt..
- Kane has apparantly reaggrevated his internal injuries..
- BACKSTAGE: Triple H & Ric Flair..
- Triple H tells Ric Flair to motivate Batista but reminding him his record against Orton is not impressive..
- Ric Flair has his doubts but agrees to do it, as HHH says Batista is big on negative reenforcement..
- TAG MATCH: Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho vs Christian & Tyson Tomko..
- Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho were both nursing injuries sustained during the elimination chamber..
- Tyson Tomko tapped to the Walls of Jericho and Christian tapped to the Crippler Crossface simoltaneously..
- BACKSTAGE: Triple H & Ric Flair..
- Ric Flair says that Batista did not react well to Triple H's form of motivation..
- LIGERIE PILLOW FIGHT: Christy Hemme def Maria Kanellis (Candice Michelle as referee)..
- Lillian Garcia got involved and it turned into somewhat of a three way dance..
- This was as horrible as anybody could imagine but served its purpose..
- #1 CONTENDERS MATCH: Randy Orton vs Batista..
- Triple H & Ric Flair came down first (can he ever just let anyone else have the spotlight) and sat ringside..
- Late in the match, Ric Flair distracted the referee while Triple H offered a chair to Batista..
- Batista told Triple H that he doesn't need his help, but Randy Orton pushed him into the chair!
- Randy Orton then pinned Batista to become #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight title!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- BONUS DARK MATCH: Triple H & Batista & Edge def Randy Orton & Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho..
- And that's a wrap folks..
Go Back To WWE History