WWE RAW RESULTS
August 23, 2004|
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- HEAT TAPINGS:
- Rodney Mack w/Jazz def Maven..
- Chris Benoit def Tyson Tomko w/Trish Stratus..
- Chuck Palumbo def Ollie Young..
- WASTED AIRTIME: Jonathan Coachman & The Six Remaining DivaSearch Contestants + The Rock + Tajiri + La Resistance..
- Jonathan Coachman eliminates Tracy..
- Jonathan Coachman says this weeks assignment is to tell the Coach how great he is in 5-minutes..
- If ya smelllllllllelelell WHAT THE ROCK.. IS COOKIN'..... THE ROCK COMES OUT TO INTERRUPT!
- The Rock chases the Coach out of the ring and he retreats all the way to the backstage area..
- The Rock does his "Finally, the Rock has come back to Anaheim" speech before turning his attention to the Divas..
- The Rock acknowledges Lilian Garcia, saying she used to work at a Sperm Bank, but got fired for drinking on the job..
- The Rock introduces himself to Carmella (here comes this week's Camella humiliation)..
- The Rock pulls his "It doesn't matter what you think!" prank on Carmella..
- The Rock says the fans don't wanna see them eat Ice Cream, they want to see the Divas eat PIE!
- Tajiri comes out with a tray of six different pies for an old-fasioned pie-eating contest!
- The next five minutes was hard to watch and isn't worth detailing for this "respectable" website..
- Editor Note: My friend LYNN attended this show I think she'd make a better RAW Diva than these wenches..
- The Coach comes back out with La Resistance behind time, challenging the Rock to an ass-whoopin'!
- The Coach & La Resistance charge the ring and beatdown The Rock & Tajiri until Rhyno showed up and Gored Grenier..
- The Rock, Tajiri & Rhyno surrounded The Coach, who got a spinebuster from the Rock, and the People's elbow!
- BACKSTAGE: Triple H & Ric Flair & Batista..
- Evolution discusses their plan for Randy Orton tonight..
- Triple H says Randy Orton is no longer in charge of his destiny --- they are!
- BACKSTAGE: Lita & Kane..
- Kane says he knows it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, but he couldn't help it..
- Kane says that nothing will ruin their wedding tonight because it is very special to him..
- Kane gives Lita a new white wedding dress, which she sticks her nose up at..
- IC TITLE MATCH: Edge vs Chris Jericho..
- Edge initially pinned Chris Jericho, but the referee saw Jericho's foot on the ropes and restarted the match!
- Late in the match, the referee disqualified Edge for dropping Jericho crotch-first on the top rope (boooo!)
- IN THE RING: Evolution (Triple H & Ric Flair & Batista) + Randy Orton..
- Triple H says he doesn't believe in destiny and that your life is predetermined..
- Triple H says that Randy Orton made a choice not to be a disappointment like his father and grandfather..
- Triple H says that Randy Orton chose to stand side by side with Evolution.
- Triple H says that Randy Orton's mission was to go into the ring and soften up Chris Benoit for him..
- Triple H says that Randy Orton made a choice to go after HIS World Heavyweight title..
- Triple H says that Randy Orton has a chance to come out and hand over the World Heavywieght championship..
- Triple H says that for making the right choice, Evolution will let Randy Orton live another day..
- Triple H says that if Randy Orton makes the wrong choice, then he'll make sure he seises to exist!
- Randy Orton comes out carrying the World Heavyweight belt and stands before Evolution..
- Randy Orton teases that he'll hand over the title, but doesn't let go, and spits in HHH's face!
- Triple H charges at Randy Orton, who swings his belt and whacks HHH in the face!
- Ric Flair and Batista go after Randy Orton, who escapes from the ring and runs up into the crowd!
- BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & Victoria + Triple H..
- Victoria pleads with Eric Bischoff not to force Lita to marry Kane..
- Triple H bursts in and grabs Eric Bischoff and complains about Randy Orton spitting in his face!
- Eric Bischoff sets up Randy Orton vs Triple H for the World title at Unforgiven..
- MATCH: William Regal w/Eugene vs Ric Flair w/Batista..
- Eugene & Batista started fighting outside the ring, bringing Chris Benoit down as well..
- William Regal and Ric Flair both had brass knux and but Regal used his first and got the win!
- WASTED AIRTIME: The Coach & DivaSearch Contestants (Begging for your votes)..
- THE WEDDING FROM HELL: Kane and Lita + Eric Bischoff + Matt Hardy..
- Lita is shown wearing her white dress, looking at herself in the mirror, and throwing something at the mirror!
- Kane is shown walking down the hallway wearing his white tuxedo from head to toe..
- Everything is white, the ring, the flowers, the orchestra, the outfits, to "signify the purity of their child"..
- Lita comes down wearing a BLACK dress, which REALLY PISSES Kane off!
- The minister says there is someone present who has asked for the opportunity to address them both..
- Eric Bischoff comes out to the stage and says he's honored to be a part of 'this blessed occasion'..
- Eric Bischoff reads some mind-numbing verse out of the bible (the fans start up a WHAT! chant)..
- A video is shown, put together by Kane, in honor of his pride to the song "You're havin' my baby"..
- Kane said his vows, saying Lita is now his PROPERTY, and will never know FREEDOME, or the touch of another MAN..
- Lita said her vows, saying she hates Kane more than life itself, and that he is a horrible man with no SOUL..
- Lita adds that she wants to make it clear that she only loves, and will always love.... MATT HARDY!
- Lita says she only hopes that Kane has an accident leading to his immediate death, and rotts in hell!
- The minister says the "speak now or forever hold your peace" thing and the crowd goes nuts..
- Trish Stratus' music hit and Trish came out wearing the hottest outfit and offers to be maid of honor..
- Trish says she knows Lita doesn't want to marry Kane, but tells her to open her heart, just like she opened her legs!
- Lita attacked Trish Stratus and they had a breif catfight until Kane pulled Lita off to continue..
- Lita said her "I DO" -- suddenly Matt Hardy's music hit and he ran down and attacked Kane and rescued Lita..
- Suddenly the stage became engrossed in flames, preventing Matt & Lita from escaping..
- Kane chased Matt Hardy up the ramp and chokeslammed him off the stage!!!
- Kane dragged Lita back to the alter and said his "I DO" and officially KISSED THE BRIDE!
- Kane carried Lita up the ramp and they looked down at Matt Hardy, Kane smiling, Lita crying..
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History