WWE RAW RESULTS
February 23, 2004|
Omaha, Nebraska - West Center
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- HEAT TAPINGS:
- Spike Dudley def Mike Bucci (aka Nova)..
- Mark Jindark & Garrison Cade def The Hurricane & Rosey..
- Matt Hardy def Chris Guy (aka Ace Steel)..
- Lance Storm def The Conquistador..
- Test def Steven Richards..
- WOMENS TITLE 4-WAY ELIMINATION: Molly Holly vs Jazz vs Virtoria vs Lita..
- Lita immediately eliminated Jazz after a brutal looking DDT..
- Victoria pilled Molly Holly with a backwards rollup to eliminate the champion!!!
- Molly Holly went nuts and tried to attack Lita but was held back by several referees..
- Lita dominated Victoria for several minutes, but Victoria made a comeback and won the Woman's title!!!
- Steven Richards ran down to join in the celebration (Steven Richards & Victoria are now faces btw)..
- PARKING LOT: Vince McMahon..
- Vince McMahon arrives in a limo and tells the driver to "get his wrestling gear out of the trunk"..
- OFFICE OF THE GM: Eric Bischoff & The Coach + Christian..
- The Coach comes in and tells Eric Bischoff that Mr. McMahon has arrived..
- Eric Bischoff gets frustrated says he knows..
- Christian comes in and asks if Eric Bischoff knew that Mr. McMahon had arrived?! (Bischoff scowls)
- Christian then asks for he and Chris Jericho to get a Tag Team title shot tonight..
- Eric Bischoff denies the request and sets up a match between Christian vs Trish Stratus!
- NON (IC) TITLE MATCH: Randy Orton vs Val Venis..
- Randy Orton wins to gain some more momentum going into Wrestlemania XX..
- BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & The Coach + Steve Austin + Vince McMahon..
- A video is shown from the Monday Night Wars DVD of Eric Bischoff challenging Vince McMahon on Nitro..
- Eric Bischoff says that he didn't authorized the playing off that video and whoever did will pay..
- Steve Austin comes in and says he was the one who authorized the playing of that video..
- Steve Austin says Eric Bischoff shouldn't be mad, nobody else has made out with Steph AND Linda and lived through it..
- Eric Bischoff starts to laugh and says he's right, Vince McMahon is paying him to live his fantasy..
- Eric Bischoff starts to run down Vince McMahon, who had just walked into the room and stood behind Bischoff..
- Vince McMahon then said his Wrestlemania announcement won't be a fantasy it will be a reality..
- BACKSTAGE: The Evolution (Ric Flair, Batista & Randy Orton) + Triple H..
- Batista is getting a pep-talk from his fellow Evolution members -- minus Triple H..
- Triple H then enters and (as usual, his business is more important) says he's got something to say in the ring..
- IN THE RING: Triple H & Evolution + Chris Benoit + Steve Austin..
- Triple H address his triple threat match at Wrestlemania against Shawn Michaels & Chris Benoit..
- Triple H says he was pissed at first, but then realized that the odds are always stacked up against the champion..
- Triple H says that Ric Flair reminded him that he is the man, the World Champion, and forgets how great he actually is..
- Triple H says he goes through obsticle over obsticle but still comes to RAW every week as the World champion..
- Triple H puts Wrestlemania XX over as the biggest night in WWE history, and biggest night in his career..
- Triple H says he'll win (I wouldn't expect anything less from the man who influences the pen)..
- Chris Benoit comes out and says since he came to RAW, all he's heard is Triple H talk talk talk talk talk..
- Chris Benoit says he's sick of it and the time for talking is over..
- Triple H (surrounded by Evolution) challenges Chris Benoit to step in the ring and show them how tough he is..
- Chris Benoit circles the ring and grabs a steel chair and slides into the ring, as Evolution suddenly backs off..
- Batista sees an opening and attacked Chris Benoit from behind, Evolution pounces and beats on Benoit..
- Shawn Michaels runs down and makes the save, chasing Evolution away..
- Chris Benoit gets up and slaps the crippler crossface on the first person he sees -- Shawn Michaels!
- Steve Austin's music hits and he drives his four-wheeler down to the ring and grabs the microphone..
- Steve Austin says that if anybody interferes during the Benoit vs Batista match, they won't make it to WMXX..
- MATCH: Chris Benoit vs Batista..
- Chris Benoit wins after making Batista tap out to the crippler crossface..
- BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & Steve Austin..
- Eric Bischoff says that he's about to get killed by Vince McMahon..
- Steve Austin asks where the Eric Bischoff from Nitro years ago who beat RAW for 80 consecutive weeks..
- Steve Austin says the Eric Bischoff who ran Nitro was a leader with a vision who demanded respect..
- Steve Austin says the Eric Bischoff here today is completely pathetic..
- Steve Austin gives Eric Bischoff a pep-talk and tells him to "go out there and whip that man's ass!"
- TAG TITLE MATCH: Booker T & Rob Van Dam vs La Resistance (Rob Conway & Rene Dupre)..
- Rob Van Dam hit Rene Dupre and pinned him, even though Rob Conway was the legal man..
- BACKSTAGE: Chistian & Trish Stratus..
- Christain says the last thing he wants to do is hurt her, so he offers to lay down for Trish tonight..
- Christian says after that they'll hit the showers, and head back to the hotel and maybe Trish could "lay down for him"..
- Trish Stratus looks strangely at Christian for a few moments..
- Christian backs off and says Trish has pass the "Christian Love Test" and now he knows she won't two-time Jericho..
- INTERVIEW: Jim Ross & Mick Foley..
- A video package is shown of last week's beatdown on Mick Foley by Randy Orton, Ric Flair & Batista..
- Mick Foley (with a sick looking black eye) said he accepted a long time ago that he'd get used to pain..
- Mick Foley said that injuries never used to scare him, until now..
- Mick Foley said he wasn't even aware of how long he was being beaten by Evolution last week..
- Mick Foley said when he watched the six minutes of footage that he wondered why nobody came out to help him..
- Mick Foley said he thought he was a well-respected person in the locker room..
- Mick Foley said he thinks some of the boys still remember the night in December when Mick Foley walked out..
- Jim Ross asks if it's safe to say that Mick Foley's career is over now..
- Mick Foley says he has a problem with giving Randy Orton & Mick Foley that kind of power..
- Mick Foley says it's safe to assume that he'll return to RAW and that there will be HELL TO PAY for what happened!!
- INTERGENDER MATCH: Christian vs Trish Stratus..
- Christian comes down and lays down for Trish, who covers him, but Christian kicks out after a 2-count!
- Christian gets up as Trish tries to walk out of the match, and Christian gives Trish a brutal clothesline!!
- Christian picks Trish up by the ears and then puts the Walls of Jericho on Trish until she tapped out!
- Trainers ran down and checked on Trish Stratus, who was selling a back injury..
- BACKSTAGE: The Coach & Eric Bischoff..
- The Coach stands outside of the bathroom, saying he doesn't blame Bischoff for puking his brains out..
- Eric Bischoff comes out and aggressively says that he went heat-to-heat with Vince McMahon and beat him for 86 weeks!
- Eric Bischoff says he did it by taking all of Vince McMahon's wrestlers and making them bigger stars!
- Eric Bischoff says it's time to hear HIS version of the story..
- Eric Bischoff says Vince McMahon didn't beat him, it was Turner-broadcasting who threw in the towel..
- Editor's Note: If I was a "dumb" fan, I'd be under the impression that there really was a match..
- Editor's Note: It sounds as though Vince faced Eric in a match and Ted Turner threw in the towel..
- Editor's Note: Glad I'm not "dumb"..
- IN THE RING: Vince McMahon + Stacy Keibler/Miss Jackie + Kane + Steve Austin..
- Vince McMahon says he is here to finish some business with Eric Bischoff but first he has an announcement..
- Suddenly, Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie come down to the ring to interrupt the Boss to make a request..
- Stacy Keibler complains about not getting chosen to pose for Playboy over Torrie Wilson & Sable (from Smackdown!)..
- Stacy Keibler asks Vince McMahon if they can proove it on the biggest stage of them all, Wrestlemania!
- Vince McMahon tells them to proove it tonight on RAW --- so they do a slutty dance around Vince for a bit..
- Vince McMahon books Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie vs Sable & Torrie Wilson in a "Playboy Evening Gown" match..
- Kane is the next superstar to interrupt as he comes down and chases Stacy & Jackie away..
- Kane says Vince McMahon promised him that the Undertaker would die, but now he's back..
- Kane says his brother is back and he never sleeps because he's tormenting him every day..
- Kane grabs Vince McMahon by the cuff and says if he doesn't stop Undertaker, he'll be the next to get Buried Alive..
- Vince McMahon gives Kane what he wants and books a match between Kane & The Undertaker for WMXX..
- Kane leaves..
- Vince McMahon then says that the Lesnar/Goldberg situation is very volitile, and nobody will be able to control it..
- Steve Austin then comes out and says if Vince McMahon doesn't give the people what they want, he'll break the law!
- Steve Austin polls the audience, and they say "Hell Yeah" they want to see Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg..
- Steve Austin then volunteers to be the special guest referee for the match at Wrestlemania XX..
- Vince McMahon agrees, but gives Steve Austin a referee try-out match for the next match..
- MATCH: Vince McMahon vs Eric Bischoff (Steve Austin as guest referee)..
- Eric Bischoff extends his hand to Vince McMahon, who shakes it, but knees Bischoff in the gut!
- Vince McMahon refused to back off when Bischoff was in the ropes, so Steve Austin knocked him on his butt!
- Eric Bischoff then started kicking Vince McMahon while he was down..
- Vince McMahon pulled Eric Bischoff out of the ring and started choking him..
- Inside the ring, Brock Lesnar (from Smackdown!) snuck up behind Steve Austin and delivered an F5!!!!
- WINNER: No Contest..
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History