WWE RAW RESULTS
May 5, 2003|
Halifax, Nova Scotia - Metro Center
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- EDITOR'S NOTE: by Brad Dykens..
- HEAT TAPING:
- Mike Hughes vs "Textbook" Tyson Dux..
- Chris Jericho def Hurricane..
- Jazz def Jacqueline..
- Chris Nowinski def Mike Bartalucci..
- RAW KICKS OFF: Steve Austin + Eric Bischoff/Sean Morely + Jim Ross..
- Steve Austin charges to the ring with a metel breifcase in hand..
- Steve Austin thanks Linda McMahon for calling him and asking him to be Co-General Manager..
- Steve Austin says he's going to celebrate with a Stone Cold Beer Bash later tonight!
- Steve Austin pulls the Intercontinental title belt out of the briefcase and reinstates it!
- Steve Austin announces a battle royal at Judgement Day for the Intercontinental title..
- Eric Bischoff & Sean Morely make their way to the ring to chants of "ASSHOLE! ASSHOLE!"..
- Eric Bischoff tells Steve Austin he cannot do things without consulting him first..
- Steve says that he thought it was a no-brainer so he went ahead and did it anyway..
- Eric says that he was the one who abolished the Intercontinental title in the first place..
- Eric says that he is going to prove that he can be a team player and accepts the IC title..
- Eric announces Triple H vs Kevin Nash for the World title at Judgement Day..
- Steve says that he likes that and doesn't have a problem with that..
- Steve then announces that he rehired his "best buddy in the business", Jim Ross!!!
- Jim Ross then came out and joined them in the ring and flipped off Eric Bischoff!!
- Eric then fires JR again, Austin hires, fired, hired, fired, hired, fired, hired!
- Steve says that he's trying very hard to maintain his composure..
- Steve suggests they settle it like men, with a match, Stone Cold vs Eric Bischoff..
- Steve says if Stone Cold wins, JR stays, if Bischoff wins, JR goes..
- Eric says he likes it, but doesn't think Linda McMahon would like it..
- Sean Morely then suggests they pick representatives to fight in their places..
- Sean Morely volunteers to wrestle on Eric Bischoff's behalf..
- Sean Morely says that Jim Ross should have to wrestle for his own job..
- Steve says that JR is not a wrestler and will not wrestle tonight..
- Steve then thinks about who could wrestle in Jim Ross's place tonight..
- Jerry Lawler stands up and asks Steve to pick him! "Pick me! Pick me Steve!"
- MATCH: Jerry "The King" Lawler w/JR & Stone Cold vs Sean Morely w/Eric Bischoff..
- Jerry Lawler nails an early piledriver but Sean Morely kicks out after a 2-count..
- A few minutes later, Bischoff trips up Lawler from the outside, but Austin goes after him!
- Jim Ross pushes Sean Morely off the top rope, allowing Jerry Lawler to win the match!!
- Jim Ross enters the ring and embraces Jerry Lawler, thanking him for getting his job back!
- Eric Bischoff slaps Sean Morely telling him that he let him down!
- IN THE RING: Steve Austin, Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler + Jonathan Coachman..
- The Coach congradulates Jim Ross on getting his job back..
- Steve says they will go with a three-man announcing crew and shakes all their hands..
- Steve then says he changes his mind, he only wants TWO!
- Steve suddenly kicks Coach in the gut and stuns him in the middle of the ring!!!
- Editor's Note: Coach took a very long time to get out of the ring, may have been shaken up legit..
- BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & Sean Morely + Steve Austin..
- Eric Bischoff fires Sean Morely for embarassing him, stating that he's worthless..
- Sean walks away disgruntled and bumps into Steve Austin..
- Steve takes Sean Morely to see Eric Bischoff and asks why he fired him..
- Steve says Bischoff has to talk to him before firing the Chief of Staff..
- Sean proclaims that he is STILL the Chief of Staff..
- Steve Austin tells him his fired!
- BACKSTAGE: Scott Stiener & Test + Stacy Keibler..
- Scott Stiener & Test fight over a mirror to look at themselves..
- Stacy comes in and says a bunch of garble with the ultimate conclusion of saying the word "Testicles"..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: Kane & Rob Van Dam vs Scott Stiener & Test w/Stacy Keibler..
- Late in the match, Test accidenatlly kicked Scott Stiener, knocking him out of the ring..
- Kane then hits Test with a chokeslam, then RVD nails the five-star frog splash for the win!
- BACKSTAGE: Steve Austin & Eric Bischoff..
- Steve Austin is hanging a picture of himself in the General Manager's office..
- Eric Bischoff asks Steve Austin why there is all this beer in the office..
- Eric Bischoff says that there isn't enough room for second desk in the office..
- Steve Austin starts rearranging the furniture in the room making a mess..
- Steve Austin says that Bischoff is not invited to the beer bash later..
- THE HI-LITE REEL: Chris Jericho + Kevin Nash + Triple H..
- Jericho comes out to a large babyface ovation and chants of Y2J! Y2J!
- Jericho makes a few derogatory comments towards Roddy Piper, the host of Smackdown!'s Piper Pit..
- Jericho says that he'll go to Judgment Day and bring the Intercontinental title back to Canada!
- Jericho shows footage of Triple H pinning Kevin Nash at Backlash, and also last weeks chase..
- Jericho then introduces Kevin Nash as his guest..
- Jericho starts the interview but Kevin Nash tells him to shut up!
- Nash says that Triple H tried to end his career, but he's still standing, and says HHH is a deadman..
- Jericho says that Nash isn't the only guest tonight, and introduces Triple H!!
- Triple H comes down as Kevin Nash beats on Jericho and throws him out of the ring!
- Triple H charges the ring, but Jericho low-blows Nash from behind!
- Jericho then goes backstage..
- Triple H & Kevin Nash have a 10 minute slow-motion brawl involving chairs, light stands, and pipes..
- Triple H got busted open, and Kevin Nash beat up Terry Taylor, Fit Finlay and a few referees..
- It all ended outside when Triple H carjacked a vehicle and escaped at high speed..
- Editor's Note: Crowd died, was this supposed to make their match at Judgment Day more interesting?
- Editor's Note: It looked like Kevin Nash may have injured his leg during the brawl, he limped around..
- Editor's Note: The crowd began chanting "Diesel Sucks" -- Canadians rule..
- PARKING LOT: Steve Austin & Chris Jericho..
- Steve Austin tells Chris Jericho he'll be in the main event next week against Kevin Nash!
- MATCH: Booker T vs Lance Storm..
- Lance Storm came out proudly waving the Canadian flag as the announcers claimed he was sucking up..
- Editor's Note: So when he waves his flag, he's sucking up, but when American's wave theirs, it's patriotism, hmm..
- Short match, Booker T squashes Lance Storm..
- BACKSTAGE: Stacy Keibler & La Resistance..
- La Resistance says that Stacy's team really dropped the ball tonight..
- La Resistance then proposes that Stacy become the manager/valet for their team..
- TAG MATCH: La Resistance vs Tommy Dreamer & Spike Dudley..
- La Resistance pins Spike after hitting him with a flap jack!
- La Resistance beats up on Tommy Dreamer with the kendo stick until Scott Stiener & Test make the save!
- BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff..
- Eric Bischoff is on the phone complaining to Linda McMahon about Steve Austin's unpredictability..
- Eric says that he's trying to get along with Steve Austin, even giving Trish a title shot..
- INTERVIEW: Terri & Christian..
- Christain calls himself the new people's champion..
- Terri shows Christian the new WWE magazine featuring Goldberg on the cover..
- Christian says that tonight is Christian's night, and says he'll avenge the Rock's loss at Backlash..
- Christian says that Goldberg will be starting a new streak, a LOSING STREAK!
- WOMENS TITLE MATCH: Jazz w/Teddy Long & Rodney Mack vs Trish Stratus..
- Late in the match, Teddy Long takes off his shoe and tries to hit Trish, but instead he trips on the apron!
- Victoria runs down and tries to get involved but the referee holds her back..
- Rodney Mack runs in and whacks Trish with the Womans title belt!
- Editor's Note: Another Canadian gets screwed..
- MAIN EVENT: Bill Goldberg vs Christian..
- Three Minute Warning & Rico interrupt beforehand saying they want their revenge before Christian..
- Goldberg takes out 3-Minute Warning, as well as Rico, who gets a pair Jackhammers!
- Christin jumps in the ring, nails Goldberg with a chairshot, and escapes through the crowd!
- Suddenly, Stone Cold Steve Austin's music hits, and Austin comes to the ring for his beer bash!
- BEER BASH: Steve Austin & Bill Goldberg..
- Steve Austin says he's got some beer to drink, and asks if Goldberg has a problem with it..
- Goldberg says that he does, in fact, have a problem with it..
- Steve Austin grants Goldberg a no-DQ Steel Cage match against Christian next week!
- Steve Austin drinks about four beer, and then offers a pair of brewskies to Goldberg!!
- Goldberg, the sellout that he is, cracks them open and guzzles them like the Stone Cold mark that he is!
- A bunch of local extras also surrounded the ring and handed the drinks in to the drunken bald guys..
- Steve Austin gets completely wasted and pretends to swim through the puddles of beer in the ring!
- The insanity continued for about 20 minutes after the show officially went off the air..
- Editor's Note: Steve Austin should have been a baseball player because he caught every can of beer thrown at him..
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History