WWE RAW RESULTS
January 21, 2002|
Greenville, South Carolina
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
- SIX MAN TAG: RVD/Tazz/Spike vs Dudleyz/Booker T w/Stacy.
- RVD hits the 5-star frog splash for the win!
- IN THE RING: Chris Jericho.
- Jericho brags about beating The Rock last night.
- Triple H's music hits at HHH comes to the ring..
- Triple H points out the although Jericho says he has def ended everyone, there is one man he hasn't def.. and that man is him. [i know what you are all thinking so i won't even say it]
- Triple H said that last night he earned the right to fight for the WWF Championship at Wrestlemania..
- Triple H says that Jericho has TWO MONTHS to prove to the world that his title reign wasn't a fluke..
- Triple H says that if Jericho makes it to Wrestlemania with the title, it will be time for Jericho to "Play the game".
- Kurt Angle's music hits and Kurt comes to the stage..
- Kurt asks HHH how he lives with himself, knowing that Angle threw him out last night..
- The crowd taunts Angle with "WHAT?" chants..
- Kurt says that he's not going to wait to kick HHH's butt..
- Kurt storms the ring and he and Y2J double team HHH..
- The Rock hits the ring to chase off Jericho & Angle..
- INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: William Regal vs Edge.
- Regal puts a set of brass knucks on his fist.
- Edge fights back and Regal drops the weapon.
- Edge picks up the knucks and punches Regal out.
- Edge makes the cover, referee Nick Patrick counts one.. two.. and notices the weapon on Edge's hand.. Nick Patrick DQs Edge.
- Edge attacks Patrick.
- Referee Charles Robinson comes down and Edge spears him.
- Another referee runs down and is knocked out of the ring!
- Edge is going berzerk!
- Edge leaves ringside with an intense look on his face...
- After the commercial, Edge is shown being escorted out of the arena by Security.
- BACKSTAGE: Big Show & Kane + Billy & Chucky.
- Big Show approaches Kane.
- Kane steps up.
- Big Show says that nobody has ever picked him up like Kane did last night, and Big Show wanted to shake Kane's hand.
- Big Show said next time it would be different, and leaves the room.
- Billy & Chucky enter the room.
- B&C give Kane a red headband, when Chuck tries to put it on Kane's head, Kane pushes them away.
- B&C attack Kane and throw him against a steel door.
- BACKSTAGE: Debra & Mr. Perfect.
- Mr Perfect approaches Debra.
- Perfect asks Debra what right her husbund, Steve Austin, has smashing him over the head with a chair in the Royal Rumble match and costing him a title shot at Wrestlemania.
- IN THE RING: Ric Flair.
- Flair begins with a "Whhooooooooooooo!"
- Flair stats that Greenville is "Flair Country".
- Flair talks about how he wrestled (bled,sweat,cried) every night for 25 years.
- Flair said that left his family behind because he wanted to be one of the greatest of all time.
- Flair talks about his four kids, and how fortunate he was to see them all born.
- Flair said that fans like those in Greenville became "his family"..
- Flair said over the years he has had a goal.. for his four children to look past the Nature Boy Ric Flair and see him as a great man, and a great father..
- Ric Flair says that he's changing the phrase "To be the man, you gotta beat the man" to "To be the man, you gotta beat Vince McMahon!" and he did that last night!
- Flair talks about how Vince grabbed his daughters camera and took pictures of a bloody Flair.. Flair said that Vince is a lousy photographer, but his daughter is a great one..
- Flair shows two photos on the big screen, one of Flair entering the ring, and one of Vince McMahons bloody face..
- Vince McMahon's music hits and Vince slowly makes his way to the ring..
- The two men stare eachother down.
- Flair removes his jacket.
- Vince finally speaks.. saying that some people think he lost at the Royal Rumble.
- Vince says that Ric lost too..
- Vince says that every WWF superstar lost at the Royal Rumble..
- Vince says that every WWF fan lost the the Royal Rumble..
- Because Vince is about to do something even he'll regret..
- Vince says "You'll See............. You'll See....." [uhhh what are we gonna see vince? perhaps hogan, nash & hall?]
- IN THE RING: Val Venis.
- Val comes to the ring and takes the mic for the first time in months!
- Hellllllllo Ladies!!!!
- Val says he's going to choose one lucky lady to come into the ring to remove the Big Valbowski's towel..
- Val takes his time choosing, before picking a beautiful tall blonde who is well dressed [caugh.. plant]
- The girl enters the ring smiling from ear to ear..
- Val says he doesn't want to know her name, cause he doesn't want her to get attached..
- Val tells her to remove his towel..
- She does, and Val walks over to her and kiss's her..
- MATCH: Val Venis vs Mr Perfect.
- Mr Perfect's music hits and I for one get goosebumps from all the "Perfect" memories in my head..
- A few minutes into the match, Stone Cold's music hits and Austin comes down to the ring.
- Austin grabs a steel chair and steaks up behind Mr Perfect..
- Austin smashes the chair over Perfect's head, BRUTAL!
- Val Venis grabs the microphone and says "Helllloooo Stone Cold.."
- Val said that if he had a problem with Austin, he would come straight to Austin himself instead of going to his wife, Debra. Val said he would kick Austin's ass..
- Austin snaps and stuns Val Venis in the middle of the ring..
- Austin tells the story of the Beverly Hillbillies just to get the crowd chanting "WHAT?"
- Austin officially enters himself into the 2003 Royal Rumble (363 days early).
- Austin says that he may not be in the main event at Wrestlemania, but he will def initly be at Wrestlemania.
- TAG TEAM MATCH: Billy & Chucky vs Kane & The Big Show.
- Billy covers Big Show, and Chucky holds big show's leg from the outside.
- Billy & Chucky get the win..
- BACKSTAGE: The Rock & Triple H.
- Triple H approaches The Rock and says that Rock may be his partner tonight, but he doesn't need Rock to be "his savior".
- Rock asks why Triple H always walks around so angry all the time.
- Rock says HHH should be happy, he's going to Wrestlemania..
- Rock says he and HHH are gonna whoops Angle & Jericho's candyass's all over Greenville.
- WWF NEW YORK: APA.
- APA talk about how exciting the Royal Rumble was.
- Bradshaw celebrates the return of the GODFATHER!
- IN THE RING: The Godfather + Lance Storm.
- Godfather grabs the microphone and tells everybody about his new Escort Service.
- Godfather asks if anyone wants to party with the Godfather.
- The crowd lightly cheers.
- Lance Storm's music hits and Lance comes to the stage.
- Lance says that nobody enjoys a good time more than him.
- Lance says that the wwf ring is for "serious" athletic competion.
- Godfather challanges Lance to come to the ring...
- Godfather delivers the ho-train on Storm, who is upsidedown in the corner.
- Lance retreats and the Godfather celebrates with the hos..
- VIGNETTE: Goldust.
- Goldust talks about his WWF return, quoting movies like he used to.
- BACKSTAGE: Triple H & Stephanie.
- Stephanie says that she can't beleive HHH is teaming with The Rock tonight..
- Stephanie commands HHH to go into Rock's dressing room and kick his ass..
- Triple H tells Stephanie to realize that the world doesn't revolve around her..
- Stephanie tells HHH that he's never acknowledge her contribution to his success..
- Triple H tells Stephanie to SHUT UP!
- MAIN EVENT: Triple H & The Rock vs Kurt Angle & Chris Jericho.
- Late in the match, HHH hits the pedigree on Angle, but Jericho breaks up the count.
- Later, Jericho grabs the ringbell and brings it into the ring.
- Jericho swings at Rock but hits Angle with the bell..
- Rock hist the Rock Bottom on Jericho and covers for the WIN!
- Rock pins the Undisputed Champion!
- RAW goes off the air...
Go Back To WWE History