||August 7, 1965
|Height & Weight:
||180 cm - 112 kg
||Death Valley Bomb
British Fall (Body Scoop into Inverted DDT)
Diving Front Dropkick
Davey Boy Smith
Stampede British Commonwealth Mid Heavyweight Title (4 Times)
All Asia Tag Team Titles (1, w/ Dynamite Kid) (1, w/ Wolf Hawkfield)
AJPW World Tag Team Tiles (1) (w/ Taiyo Kea)
August 7, 1965: John Hindley was born in Warrington, England, United Kingdom..
January 1982: John debuted as a pro wrestler, when he was 16 years old..
1985: John moved to Calgary from England to work for Stampede Wrestling..
John was originally billed at Davey Boy Smith's brother, Johnny Smith..
Stampede British Commonwealth Mid Heavyweight Title:
June-August 1987: John's first Japan tour was with New Japan Pro Wrestling..
February 1989: John followed Dynamite Kid and started to wrestle for All Japan Pro Wrestling..
John replaced Davey Boy Smith as Dynamite Kid's tag team partner..
P.W.F All Asian Tag Team Title:
- 8/1/86 Calgary, AB Great Gama (Singh) beat Johnny Smith in a tournament final to win the title..
- 8/8/86 Calgary, AB Johnny Smith beat Great Gama to win the title (1st time).
- 9/18/86 Calgary, AB Les Thornton beat Johnny Smith to win the title..
- 6/10/88 Calgary, AB Johnny Smith beat Chris Benoit to win the title (2nd time).
- 6/17/88 Calgary, AB Chris Benoit beat Johnny Smith to win the title..
- 6/24/88 Calgary, AB Johnny Smith beat Chris Benoit to win the title (3rd time).
- 1/13/89 Calgary, AB Chris Benoit beat Johnny Smith to win the title..
- 7/7/89 Dawson Creek, BC Johnny Smith beat Chris Benoit to win the title (4th time).
- 7/8/89 Grande Prairie, AB Chris Benoit beat Johnny Smith to win the title..
October 27, 2002 - AJPW PPV: Steve Williams, Mike Rotunda, & Johnny Smith defeated Yoji Anjoh, Mitsuya Nagai, & Ryuji Hijikata..
April 10: Johnny Smith collapsed prior to his match at an All Japan Pro Wrestling show..
~~~Paramedics were called to the Hiroshima Arena and Smith was rushed to a local hospital.
~~~Smith had lost feeling in some parts of his body and is now in stable condition in a local Japanese hospital..
~~~The Japanese media is suggesting the collapse was related to the use of painkillers..
~~~~~Keiji Muto has been attempting to down play the story in the Japanese media but with very little luck.
- 3/4/89 Fuji, Shizuoka: Footloose (Samson Fuyuki & Toshiaki Kawada) beat Jerry Oates & Johnny Smith to keep the title..
- 5/17/90 Hiroshima Prefectural Gym: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi beat Davey Boy Smith & Johnny Smith -- Held up..
- 6/5/90 Chiba Park Gym: Akira Taue & Shin-ichi Nakano beat Davey Boy Smith & Johnny Smith to win the titles..
- 4/6/91 Osaka Gym: Dynamite Kid & Johnny Smith beat Kenta Kobashi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi to win the titles..
- 4/20/91 Korakuen Hall, Tokyo: Can-Am Express (Kroffat/Furnas) beat Dynamite Kid & Johnny Smith to win the titles..
- 10/1/97 Osaka Gym #2: Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori beat Johnny Smith & Sean Morgan (Sean Morley) to keep the titles..
- 1/9/98 Kagoshima City: Johnny Smith & Wolf Hawkfield (Jungle Jim Steele) beat Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori to keep the titles..
- 5/31/98 Funabashi, Chiba: Johnny Smith & Wolf Hawkfield beat Takao Omori & Tamon Honda to keep the titles..
- 7/15/98 Niigata City: Johnny Smith & Wolf Hawkfield beat The Head Hunters to keep the titles..
- 9/5/98 Toyama City: Johnny Smith & Wolf Hawkfield beat Jun Izumida & Giant Kimala #2 to keep the title..
- 10/6/98 Niigata City: Tamon Honda & Jun Izumida beat Johnny Smith & Wolf Hawkfield to win the titles..